Author Topic: Has ayone actually even seen a 3GB stick of DDR2?  (Read 815 times)

I have a computer that supports up to 6GB (3GB per DIMM) of DDR2.
But I've never even seen, or heard of, such a thing.

I looked on Google, eBay, everywhere, nothing.

I just want to know if such a thing really exists.

Probably depreciated for 4GB

I'm not sure why you'd want an odd number of gigabytes, considering the entire byte system is made to be divisible by two
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 11:08:06 PM by WaterOre »

I'm not sure why you'd want an odd number of gigabytes, considering the entire system is made to be divisible by two

Well, I didn't make the system.

It the machine a proprietary brand (Dell, HP, etc)?

Why would you store Dance Dance Revolution 2 on a stick?

ha ha funny.

Because why not?

Because why not?

Probably would be better as a program on your hard drive to reduce latency or lag caused by transfers from the stick to the computer

It the machine a proprietary brand (Dell, HP, etc)?

It's a kind of weird board that got re-branded, both Acer and Emachine used it.
It has the Emachine BIOS installed, but it's out of an Acer machine. (Not the one that did that.)

Then again, this is the board where I was able to put an LGA 775 cooler on an AM2 socket.

Weirdly enough my computer had 6gb, but with 4gb and 2gb sticks. i doubts 3gb even exists.

It's a kind of weird board that got re-branded, both Acer and Emachine used it.
It has the Emachine BIOS installed, but it's out of an Acer machine. (Not the one that did that.)

Then again, this is the board where I was able to put an LGA 775 cooler on an AM2 socket.

Acer probably made 3gb specifically for it, so if it's an older computer, good luck finding one.

Weirdly enough my computer had 6gb, but with 4gb and 2gb sticks. i doubts 3gb even exists.

I've seen 1, 2, 4, 6, and 8GB sticks, but never 3.