Author Topic: blockland steam version console  (Read 5319 times)

I've been annoyed by steam, is there anyway I could have the remote console launched with Blockland?
Hope you can help me.

Not sure what you mean. Can you please elaborate?

Not sure what you mean. Can you please elaborate?
He wants to be able to have the same console as when you start blockland normally without steam.
The little one you just normally ignore.
I know that when you start blockland you can have something like -noconsole as an argument, but not sure about having one.

I know what you mean but this isn't a remote console, just a console

You can open it in regular non-steam Blockland.

dont ask why, but i need to use the steam version. and for a clarification:

well, theres also the ingame console but some scripts freeze the game while calculating, so i need to see the progress in that console, which updates reguardless. also when the first player joins my server i freeze. its also handy when i want to see pending connections and instead of checking console all the time. i can see that console which shows in the background and is always visible, not the same case with the ingame one.

dont ask why, but i need to use the steam version
Well, telling us why could help us with another solution.
What about adding Blockland as a non-steam game? Then you could launch it through steam, and have the console and everything

Okay, you seem to have no basic knowledge of this, so i'll make it really plain.
The in-game console is everything you need
Your server lags up when a player joins is because your computer sucks
There is no "remote console". You can get a non in-game console window, but it will show you the exact same things, as before, your computer isn't good enough for hosting

Okay, you seem to have no basic knowledge of this, so i'll make it really plain.
The in-game console is everything you need
Your server lags up when a player joins is because your computer sucks
There is no "remote console". You can get a non in-game console window, but it will show you the exact same things, as before, your computer isn't good enough for hosting

way to be helpful you walking pile of cancer.

I'd like to know how, too. I prefer using the exterior console over the ingame console, but I usually use my steam key for convenience.

Alright, found out.
Right click "Blockland" in your steam games list, click properties.
Now click "Set Launch Options...", add -console, and launch the game.

Alright, found out.
Right click "Blockland" in your steam games list, click properties.
Now click "Set Launch Options...", add -console, and launch the game.
tbh that should be default

So you wanted the DOS-like console... It was not clear in any way shape or form. It seemed to me that OP wanted a remote console, because his in-game console froze up because of lag in the server.

Everytime someone joins my server I lag for like 2 seconds, then never again. It's because you're sending data to them for them to download, it increases with how many add-ons are enabled thus generating lag.

Exactly what Starzy said. It's very possible to host on a less-than-good computer, but it will be tidious. But good luck with whatever you're doing.

Everytime someone joins my server I lag for like 2 seconds, then never again. It's because you're sending data to them for them to download, it increases with how many add-ons are enabled thus generating lag.
The first time someone joins your server the file maniest is rebuilt, this freezes blockland for a couple seconds or up to a minute on slow computers depending on how many add-ons you have loaded.