Can you guys solve a maths questions for me?

Author Topic: Can you guys solve a maths questions for me?  (Read 1696 times)

wouldn't you distribute the 2 to (9+3) tho

Let me Google that for you...

Pretty sure he was looking for an explanation. I wish LMGTFY was bannable, it's logically worthless and inefficient.

Pretty sure he was looking for an explanation. I wish LMGTFY was bannable, it's logically worthless and inefficient.

that is overreacting

well, can this be locked?

288 because division is done before multiplication
48/2*12
24*12

Calm down mate, it was a joke. I think everyone in this thread knows the solution and answer, we're all just loving with each other.

wouldn't you distribute the 2 to (9+3) tho
No, when there's no symbol before the parenthesis, assume it means you times the product of the parenthesis with whatever is to the left of it.

It's done from left to right, so the answer is 288. This is how math works.

that is overreacting
There's a LMGTFY in every single topic that asks a question, since 2008. It's a bit annoying now.

It's done from left to right, so the answer is 288. This is how math works.
What about BEDMAS / PEMDAS

division is done before multiplication
division OR multiplication, not before it
bro this is like 4th grade math

yea but the m and d are smashed together

PEMDAS is parenthesis, exponentiation, multiplication/division (the slash is important), addition/subtraction.
The slash means that 5*3/5 and 3/5*5 both come out to be different things, because it's done in order of which comes first.

have you ever heard of the order of operations
Different places teach it different ways.
The phrase used at my school was BODMAS.
Brackets, Orders (powers of), Division, Multiplication, Addition, Subtraction.

Multiplication and Division however are usually seen as being of equal precedence, so they can be changed.
So some places do BOMDAS.
Brackets, Orders, Multiplication, Division, Addition, Subtraction.

Usually that's not an issue, but in some cases like this, it means you can get two different answers depending on which you do first.

wait no its 288
i forgot how to pemdas
or maybe it's also 2
it's both(?)