Author Topic: Playertype material for player's choice?  (Read 1475 times)

How can I make a certain part of a playertype colored based on a player's avatar?

The only thing you need to do to the model for this, is give the model nodes that you want to be colorable. The rest is done via scripting.

You'll need to package the function when the player's avatar updates(there's two, one for color, one for which nodes are hidden, but I forget them right now) and set the player's nodes accordingly. Use the variables on the client like %client.RHandColor and %client.hat to change nodes and colors according to what the player has. You can dump the client to see all of the variables.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 11:20:53 AM by jes00 »

Off topic, but... Can you reply to my PM, TB2?

The only thing you need to do to the model for this, is give the model nodes that you want to be colorable. The rest is done via scripting.

You'll need to package the function when the player's avatar updates(there's two, one for color, one for which nodes are hidden, but I forget them right now) and set the player's nodes accordingly. Use the variables on the client like %client.RHandColor and %client.hat to change nodes and colors according to what the player has. You can dump the client to see all of the variables.
Does this mean that there is no way to re-color individual materials? Like how one material (in my case, named 'Main') is the player's shirt color, or is the paintable material spawned as a vehicle. However, I have single parts with multiple materials, is changing them individually impossible?

Does this mean that there is no way to re-color individual materials? Like how one material (in my case, named 'Main') is the player's shirt color, or is the paintable material spawned as a vehicle. However, I have single parts with multiple materials, is changing them individually impossible?
I don't know exactly what you're talking about because I don't model.

You can color any node on the player model any color you like, as long as the node has a name.

I don't know exactly what you're talking about because I don't model.

You can color any node on the player model any color you like, as long as the node has a name.
Yes, I know. What I'm saying is that it's possible for a single object (or node) to have more than one material, or color. I was wondering if there is any way to change them separately, because I don't want the trim lines on my mech to have to be a completely separate node just to recolor them.

Yes, I know. What I'm saying is that it's possible for a single object (or node) to have more than one material, or color. I was wondering if there is any way to change them separately, because I don't want the trim lines on my mech to have to be a completely separate node just to recolor them.
No. You can only recolor nodes and one node can only be one color.

No. You can only recolor nodes and one node can only be one color.
...Unless they have separate materials from the beginning. But this answers my question, so thanks. ;)