Author Topic: Modifying an exe with ollydbg  (Read 2305 times)

Ok so lately I've been messing around with ollydbg and I was wondering if anyone knows whether it's possible to modify an exe so that:
  • It does not come out in the taskbar when opened.
  • It does not appear in the applications list on the task manager.

Why do I want to do this? Well I'm horrible at coding so I created a program with Game Maker with intention not to display the program in the taskbar or applications menu, but doesn't have a built-in feature to support this.

pls halp

Edit: No I'm not creating a virus so don't bother posting if you're gonna claim that I'm making a virus
If I really wanted to create a virus I'd at least try to use another engine.

Also if you think a bit there are many reasons other than viruses to want a program to run in the background.

Double edit: If you're overly curious of what I want to do -
I want to create a program that runs in the background and only does things at certain times of day - like change my desktop picture, theme or notify me of events.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 09:15:31 AM by General »

building viruses pls stop
Only post if you're actually gonna help please

Only post if you're actually gonna help please

No but seriously, why do you want an .exe to do this? That sounds overwhelmingly suspicious.

Then again, making viruses is good practice for coding, but I have no idea what your intentions are for this.

If I really wanted to create a virus I'd at least try to use another engine.

Also if you think a bit there are many reasons other than viruses to want a program to run in the background.

Are you also creating a game that needs an algorithm to sort social security numbers and credit cards from family photos and homework assignments?

Yep also to obtain data from top secret government personnel accounts

he's making a web browser to browse research so his parents can't see

he's making a web browser to browse research so his parents can't see
No need I don't live with my parents any more, though this would be helpful against the nsa #genius

No but really, it would help if we knew what you were trying to make it into, could give us some perspective.

Until then, we're just going to default on either virus/hacks/NSA avoider.

No but really, it would help if we knew what you were trying to make it into, could give us some perspective.

Until then, we're just going to default on either virus/hacks/NSA avoider.

Double edit: If you're overly curious of what I want to do -
I want to create a program that runs in the background and only does things at certain times of day - like change my desktop picture, theme or notify me of events.
You are just going to have to trust me as this is all the proof I can give. Giving you a copy of the exe won't be much proof that it's virus fee as it's just a blank window and you don't see what it does in the background. I can give you the source file, but you'd need to download and buy Game Maker for that.

Why do people even care so much. If I am a "hacker", then it's painfully evident that i'm horrible at it.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 09:38:34 AM by General »

« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 09:53:08 AM by Zack »

Still haven't thought up any good legitimate reasons to have a hidden .exe that wont show in the task manager.
Gonna make a note to not download add-ons from General c;