Poll

Which web browser do you use?

Chrome
Firefox
Internet Explorer

Author Topic: Forum Extension - Show Someone's Last Topics |New Poll: Your web browser?|  (Read 8497 times)

Browser Extension - Show Last Topics

It adds this to all profile pages:

Download for Chrome

Download for Firefox

Suggestions
Have any ideas that could improve Blockland Forums? Let me know! I just might be able to make it happen.

Planned Updates
  • Search topics by which board they were posted in
  • An option to only load 20 topics at a time, to reduce lag
  • Bug fix: 'show topics' button will work for people who have only 1 'Show last posts' page.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 11:29:51 PM by Farad »

neat
gl with it
thanks. it's pretty much my first coding project ever so I'm really excited to finish soon

it's a relief to hear all these positive comments. when I posted this in help (asking if there was a way to do it already) I was told it was a ridiculous idea lol. screw the guy that said that :]

One problem is that it takes about 3 seconds to gather all the topic links for each 'show last posts' page it goes through

Jesus, what language are you using to make this? I could probably make this in BL and it'd be faster than that.

Jesus, what language are you using to make this? I could probably make this in BL and it'd be faster than that.
I used JavaScript, jQuery, and Node.js (as well as 'request' and 'cheerio' packages) for the scraping portion. The 3 seconds represents the time it takes to search through all HTML on the page, and really it only needs to search through like 10% (or less) of that. I was just testing the functionality of it - I can optimize it later
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 01:02:28 AM by Farad »

Yeah if it takes 3 seconds to search through 600 lines of HTML code then it should really be optimized. I hope to see this as a download link soon.

I'm assuming this is like a list with no pages. Add some pages(If you havn't already), 15 topics per page, should reduce the load.

I'm assuming
Stop right there. Then take a second to read the OP.

for each 'show last posts' page it goes through

Stop right there. Then take a second to read the OP.

You sound like my English teacher lol.

this will be very very good.

This is supposed to be in SMF already as I understand, I guess it's just not enabled?

This is supposed to be in SMF already as I understand, I guess it's just not enabled?
I think an smf mod would have to be downloaded and applied to the website, but ya it's pretty much already a part of smf that 's disabled