Forum Extension - Show Someone's Last Topics |New Poll: Your web browser?|

Poll

Which web browser do you use?

Chrome
Firefox
Internet Explorer

Author Topic: Forum Extension - Show Someone's Last Topics |New Poll: Your web browser?|  (Read 8516 times)

FIREFOX VERSION COMPLETED!
Here's the link: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/show-last-topics/

EDIT: Also, I'm taking suggestions not only for future updates to the 'show last topics' extension, but also suggestions for other kinds of features you'd like to see in blockland forums
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 08:15:19 PM by Farad »

YAY FIREFOX  :cookieMonster:!, downloaded - this post deserves to look newbie

A preview of an upcoming update:

If farad can make mods for the forums, he deserves a job on the forums. When is the last time Badspot added anything?  :cookieMonster:

If farad can make mods for the forums, he deserves a job on the forums. When is the last time Badspot added anything?
I'm ok doing this for free to get some coding experience. it's a fun hobby trying something new and it seems a bit more straightforward than modeling/scripting add-ons for the game (maybe not because this simple extension took 10 days to make, though it's my first javascript and I re-wrote it 3 times until it worked the way I wanted).

so many cookiemonsters

make bl forum platinum edition

Hooray!

And damn, that list takes a long time to populate.

And damn, that list takes a long time to populate.
In the next update, I'll make it load most recent topics first and then add older ones as it goes down so you can click on the topic you want to navigate to while the list loads (right now as it loads, newer and newer topics are constantly posted at the top, so you have to wait until they're all loaded before easily selecting the one you want)

make bl forum platinum edition
this could happen if I was given some specific features to add :3

In the next update, I'll make it load most recent topics first and then add older ones as it goes down

It seems that it sometimes confuses older topics with newer topics as I sometimes see older topics above my newest.

It seems that it sometimes confuses older topics with newer topics as I sometimes see older topics above my newest.
I'll move fixing that to the top of my to-do list today

FIREFOX VERSION COMPLETED!
Here's the link: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/show-last-topics/

EDIT: Also, I'm taking suggestions not only for future updates to the 'show last topics' extension, but also suggestions for other kinds of features you'd like to see in blockland forums
Make it so that it only shows the five or ten most recent topics, and add a button to show all if the person wishes. Also a cool feature would be to search for a word in the topic title.

Make it so that it only shows the five or ten most recent topics, and add a button to show all if the person wishes. Also a cool feature would be to search for a word in the topic title.
I might be able to make it load like 15 topics with a button at the bottom to make it load more and an option at the top to load all, but a search feature sounds kinda tough. I'll still look into it.

EDIT: I'm not sure if a search bar would be faster than loading all the topics and then using Ctrl+F
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 04:27:44 PM by Farad »

a search feature sounds kinda tough. I'll still look into it
you could probably make that easy by just making it only show the topics that have the search term in them
then it only shows what you were looking for
it'll still take the same amount of time, but I'm not really sure that there's any fast way to make a search thing without it having access to the database and stuff

I've spent 4 hours trying to fix the bug where it won't show someone's topics if the person has only 1 'show last posts' page, and it's still not fixed. I'm purely befuddled at this point.

I've spent 4 hours trying to fix the bug where it won't show someone's topics if the person has only 1 'show last posts' page, and it's still not fixed. I'm purely befuddled at this point.
we believe in you.