Author Topic: Server Welcome message locked to default  (Read 1808 times)

Every time I start my server it has the default Welcome To Blockland %1 message. And every time I change it it will work but when i restart the server its still Default. I have tried to change it trough config but no results.

Help plz!

That usually happens to me when I haven't saved except its the last message I had it set to

If someone would want to get funky with it, they would make the server welcome message also save to a separate text file every time it's set and when the server is starting up, set the welcome message to the text saved in the separate text file.

Is this a dedicated server? Make sure that you shut it down with the quit(); command rather than clicking the X.

I have always shutted down the dedicated with quit(); command. And this happens on every server that I host.

Change it in the blockland prefs, it's just not saving to prefs correctly.

Change it in the blockland prefs, it's just not saving to prefs correctly.
Boring :/

If someone would want to get funky with it, they would make the server welcome message also save to a separate text file every time it's set and when the server is starting up, set the welcome message to the text saved in the separate text file.
How?

Too advanced-like for you evidently. You just run some traces, package functions and parent with new variables set by fileobjects

Open your /config/prefs/server.cs file in a basic text editor.

Find the line that says with $pref::server::welcomeMessage =  "Welcome to Blockland, %1!";

Change the text in the quotes to whatever you want, save, and then run your server.

/config/prefs/server.cs
Actually it's config/server/prefs.cs
Got that a bit mixed up.