Admin Applications [Script]

Author Topic: Admin Applications [Script]  (Read 24471 times)

This is seriously awesome. good job.

This is seriously awesome. good job.
Thanks! It was a group effort though.

That's why we allow the host to select certain people to respond to applications. Not super admins. If it is abused then it's the host's fault. I was thinking that it's a good idea to let me than the host respond to applications for servers like Pecon's Boss Battles, which has a large reviewing team.

Maybe even include an option to make it so that they can only approve the people as admins and not super admins.
Okay, sounds reasonable. I'll update the "ideas for v2" list in the OP.

Did some more stuff.

The scroll controls in the review GUI now adjust their size depending on how much text there is.
I've changed the client/server communications up. The client now requests the list of applications and the application it wishes to review from the server. This will fix the dedicated server issue and will allow us to implement the idea of letting other users besides the host review applications.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 10:02:56 AM by jes00 »

What the heck
You are using Version  Please Update to the least Admin applications Version
What is this

You are using Version  Please Update to the least Admin applications Version
What the heckWhat is this
Yea, got that too.
What server were you on? Is that exactly what it said? No number?

It should have at least said
Code: [Select]
\c6>>> \c0This server is running version \c6(" @ $AdminApp::Version @ ") \c0of the \c6Admin Applications Add-On\c0, you have version \c6(" @ %client.AdminApp_CLVersion @ ") \c0. If you wish to apply for admin; please upgrade" SPC $AdminApp::Download @ "HERE</a>.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 07:42:38 AM by jes00 »

\c6>>> \c0This server is running version \c6(" @ $AdminApp::Version @ ") \c0of the \c6Admin Applications Add-On\c0, you have version \c6(" @ %client.AdminApp_CLVersion @ ") \c0. If you wish to apply for admin; please upgrade" SPC $AdminApp::Download @ "HERE</a>.
I'm thinking the issue is with onConnectRequest and setConnectArgs. Would it cause problems if other add-ons also package the functions and utilize the j variable? Because if no version-variable is received from the client, it'll cause that.

Yea, got that too.
There are 4 different messages; it'll give a unique message depending on if you have an outdated version of the add-on, the current version or a version greater than the server's version (or if you don't have the add-on at all). Are you sure it was message to update?

Did some more stuff.

The scroll controls in the review GUI now adjust their size depending on how much text there is.
I've changed the client/server communications up. The client now requests the list of applications and the application it wishes to review from the server. This will fix the dedicated server issue and will allow us to implement the idea of letting other users besides the host review applications.
Great! I needed to take a break from the add-on to work on stuff, but soon I'll start work on finally including the options GUI, and add the feature of choosing players by ID or by admin-status so that they can respond to apps as well.

I was on my own server with the same version as my client was. and it still said the "You are using Version  Please Update to the least Admin applications Version"

I'm thinking the issue is with onConnectRequest and setConnectArgs. Would it cause problems if other add-ons also package the functions and utilize the j variable? Because if no version-variable is received from the client, it'll cause that.
Ok. I think I found the problem. The DRPG client only parents the function up to variable H.
I guess we should just use server/client commands to check what version they have.

I mean, it's cool and looks great but it seems kind of pointless. Admin on a server isn't that serious where you need to fill out a job-like application that requires your name, email, social security, phone number, etc (yeah i'm over exaggerating a bit but you get the point). Anyways, it looks nice either way.
It would be helpful for dedicated/bigger servers where administration would be useful to have in different time zones.

I hosted my server

Well... I guess no one like this mod... maybe like this mod.  Someday We will work on next version 2.

Well... I guess no one like this mod... maybe like this mod.  Someday We will work on next version 2.
I love this mod. I run it on my server.

Someday We will work on next version 2.
I worked a bit on version two. But then I stopped and started working on Mario Party.