Author Topic: Server_LimitedBricks BETA V1.1.2 || Bring a new challenge to building  (Read 24754 times)

What is Limited Bricks?

Well, in Blockland, you know how you can always grab whatever brick you want from the brick menu? Have you ever needed a restricted version of this for a multi-player game, a single-player gamemode, or whatever you desire? Look no further; Limited Bricks is an awesome, highly configurable restricted brick planting system designed to bring a challenge to building. Limited Bricks goes inside one of Blockland's best components, and tweaks it around so that building is now ever so more fun and interesting.

What are these new "challenges"?

The main challenge that Limited Bricks brings is don't expect to be able to choose any brick you want from the brick menu anymore. Bricks are now held in quantities, rather than an infinite amount, so if you want to use a brick from the brick menu, find it wherever it lies in the server.

How do I use this add-on?

What you really need to operate Limited Bricks are the events that are included in it. They are self-explanatory, but I will explain them here anyways.

LB_AddBrick|List of bricks| |Amount|(Give the player the specified brick, with the amount specified
LB_TakeBrick|List of bricks| |Amount|(Take the specified brick away from the player, with the amount specified)
LB_CheckBrick|List of bricks| |Condition| |Amount|(Used VCE before? Awesome, it's basically like this. No? Well it's simple, if the condition is met, then the event activates onLBCheckTrue, and if not, it activates onLBCheckFalseList of conditionals:
  • >=: If player's number of bricks is greater than or equal to the specified amount
  • <=: If the player's number of bricks is less than or equal to the specified amount
  • >:   If the player's number of bricks is greater than the specified amount
  • <:   If the player's number of bricks is less than the specified amount
  • ==: If the player's number of bricks is exactly equal to the specified amount
  • !=:  If the player's number of bricks is not equal to the specified amount
If the above statements are true, the onLBCheckTrue is activated
LB_Clear(Clear all of the player's brick amounts)
onLBCheckTrue|If LB_CheckBrick's condition was true|
onLBCheckFalse|If LB_CheckBrick's condition was false

The above events are admin-only, so no regular player can use it. There are also some server commands for manually doing some of the events. A documentation listing these server commands and their usage is included in the add-on, and posted here in the OP

Code: ("Limited Bricks Documentation V1.1.2") [Select]
LIMITED BRICKS DOCUMENTATION (V1.1.2)
-Notice that most of the commands you can do with this mod are appended with events (admin-only), and
that this documentation of commands are primarily for manual-use, and strictly admin-only.. For the first part anyways

--ADMIN
/givebrick  |PLAYERNAME| |AMOUNT| -Give the specified player the amount of bricks you currently have selected
/takebrick  |PLAYERNAME| |AMOUNT| -Take away the amount of bricks you currently have selected from the specified player
/clearbrick |PLAYERNAME| -Take away all of the specified player's bricks
/setbrickprice |PRICE| -Set the price of the brick currently selected to the price you specify
/lbmax    |AMOUNT| -Set the max amount of bricks you can have for each brick.
/lbdonate -Toggle donating functionality
/lbdeath -Toggle all brick loss on death
/lbdebug -Toggle error messages in console [HOST]
/lblog -Toggle logging command usage [HOST]
/lbtoggle -Toggle the functionality of the add-on [HOST]
/lbadmin -Toggle infinite bricks for admin [HOST]

--CLIENT
/dumpbrick -Dump all of the bricks of the brick you are currently selecting
/dumpbricks -Dump all of your bricks
/donatebricks  |PLAYERNAME| |AMOUNT| -Donate to the specified player the amount of bricks you currently have selected.
/buylb -Attempt to buy a brick in your inventory using your score

-This mod is equipped with Support_Updater by Greek2Me, in case I have ideas planned for the future.
So this means keep in touch with the documentation in case I update it.

Screenshots

Changelog
  • V1.0.0- RELEASE
    • Initial release, oh boy expect bugfixes to come
  • V1.0.1- Updater Fix
    • Greek2Me packed the compressed updater code with the regular one, which made a syntax error causing the whole mod to fail. Fixed this, please re-download from the OP if you downloaded before the fix
  • V1.1.0- More bug fixes!
    • Restored /clearbrick server command
    • Restored LB_ClearBrick event, the above event documentation has been updated
    • Loss of bricks upon death functionality, fixed
    • NEW: Infinite bricks for admin feature, documentation updated
  • V1.1.2- Shops
    • New commands, /setbrickprice [price] and /buylb, documentation updated
    • People can now purchase bricks from the brick menu using their score as currency
    • Admins can set price for bricks

Download

This mod is equipped with Greek2Me's Support_Updater mod, for future updates. This add-on will automatically install it for you if you don't already have it.

Download
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 07:40:20 AM by PurpleMetro »

Could be VERY useful for FortWars.

This has infinite uses. Great idea

Been wanting this forever :D
Thank you so much
Here's some cookies  :cookie: :cookie: :cookie:

Fort Wars will never be the same
It will be a thousand times better

updated the op with picturez :)

It has been made!!

yays

also this is important, if you just downloaded the mod a few minutes ago, please re-download
there was an error with the automatic support_updater download that i did not see right away, which caused the mod to not load at all

also this is important, if you just downloaded the mod a few minutes ago, please re-download
there was an error with the automatic support_updater download that i did not see right away, which caused the mod to not load at all
wow

Could you remove the brick cap so you can hold more than 16?
and where will we get our bricks? there are not any bricks that spawn randomly to be picked up or anything
if we cant get any bricks then what would be the point of the addon, not being able to build anymore?!?!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 06:54:26 PM by (minecraft) »

Could you remove the brick cap so you can hold more than 16?
and where will we get our bricks? there are not any bricks that spawn randomly to be picked up or anything
if we cant get any bricks then what would be the point of the addon, not being able to build anymore?!?!

please read the documentation :)

still, how will we get our bricks without cheating with commands and stuff

Bedroom + this = demo bricks. good times :,)

i got up early and worked on the new update
V1.10 will restore the brick amount clearing functionality since i found a way to do it finally :p
plus infinite bricks for admins feature

if u hav any suggestions please post, i hav to go to practice now