Author Topic: Harsh Ban for Modifying Someone's Map for Pecon7's Boss Battles?  (Read 15950 times)

i support using any map without giving credit to anything.
and i also support perm banning people for any reason.

im kinda lost as to why anything is being debated here XD
seems like everyone got what they want

Upon inspection of the server, it was found that the map he was using was missing the credits brick. Either he removed it himself, which is a richard move and corroborates the allegation that OP was claiming to have made the build himself, or he didn't have the brick pack and it didn't load, which would mean he's lying about using the development kit. However you cut it, OP was up to something richardish.

This occurred a few months ago. The person in question decided to save the Hangar map from the server, load it on their own server called "Boss Battles", and then claimed they made it. This was reported to me by someone I cannot recall now, and after a quick visit to their server to check the facts I banned them.
You never joined my server, and I named it "killer12468's Boss Battles Map Making", and the game mode was the developer package!

So assuming everything the OP is true, it sounds like OP saved the map and loaded it in the Developer Package to look at how stuff was done. Got banned for "stealing the map and taking credit for it"?

Now under the above case, it's obvious he didn't steal the map. But is it true he was taking credit for it? Were other players on, were they playing rounds?

On another note, permanent is really harsh for a build steal. And quite honestly it's your fault for literally giving away your maps by hosting. If you don't want build stealers then don't host. HOWEVER, I would understand IF he was indeed taking credit for it. This honestly sounds like a misunderstanding.
We were not playing rounds, as the events don't work, but I was building a map for myself with some other people like Bit, and I had loaded the Hangar as a reference!

You DO have Steam. It's StealerOfTheNight. On the profile, the name registered is Dominic Orlando. Below is an admin application found on the forums from you, showing your name IS Dominic Orlando.

Good game.
Nice, I wanted to see if anyone would look at that, nice job!

Upon inspection of the server, it was found that the map he was using was missing the credits brick. Either he removed it himself, which is a richard move and corroborates the allegation that OP was claiming to have made the build himself, or he didn't have the brick pack and it didn't load, which would mean he's lying about using the development kit. However you cut it, OP was up to something richardish.
Jetz, I never submitted it, because once I was permabanned, I stopped building it!

Holy stuff dude, lay off the post button.

Jetz, I never submitted it, because once I was permabanned, I stopped building it!
I was referring to your server when you were hosting it. After word reached us that you supposedly claimed to have built it yourself, one of the admins investigated to determine if this was actually the case. Apparently you were away at the time, but finding the credits brick missing is pretty suspicious.

Nice, I wanted to see if anyone would look at that, nice job!
Yes, nice work, TB2. You've provided us with evidence that killer is willing to lie through his teeth to ward off suspicion.

I'm pretty sure he swiped the Desert map build when it was in its public development state. It looked like he vomitted on my work in progress map.

i've only seen one other pent-post ever

i've only seen one other pent-post ever
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=226283.msg6565654#msg6565654
Read a few pages. Only has a quad-post but the total posting is an order of magnitude worse.

I was referring to your server when you were hosting it. After word reached us that you supposedly claimed to have built it yourself, one of the admins investigated to determine if this was actually the case. Apparently you were away at the time, but finding the credits brick missing is pretty suspicious.
Yes, nice work, TB2. You've provided us with evidence that killer is willing to lie through his teeth to ward off suspicion.
Hey, I have Steam, but I don't have Pecon as a friend!