Should I buy the GoPro Hero? (First generation) - Read OP

Author Topic: Should I buy the GoPro Hero? (First generation) - Read OP  (Read 1242 times)

At university I've been given a £400 ($680) giftcard to spend at the university store. In this store you can buy things such as books, cameras, laptops, bicycles, phones, and stuff that would generally help you in your studies.
Now I don't need anything in the way of laptops/phones/books/cameras/bikes, so I was browsing the store app today to see what would be cool to get. I came across the GoPro Hero 1 for £100. Now since I'll be flying off to Canada this winter for two weeks snowboarding it might be cool to play around with a GoPro.

Obviously since this is the first ever GoPro released, the quality will not be up to modern standard, but I'd just like to know if its actually pretty good? Has anyone shot anything with the Hero 1? Could you show me a video that you've taken with it?

They do sell the Hero 4 but I don't really want to blow all the cash on something I wont use regularly.

stock up on pop rocks instead

Nah don't get a first gen

Saying stuff like 'don't do it' or 'no it's crap' isn't very helpful. Maybe try and back up your opinions with facts?

Maybe try and back up your opinions with facts?
you're probably gonna do whatever you want anyways so it doesnt really matter what people say

Maybe try and back up your opinions with facts?

honestly if you wanted facts you could have done this yourself

but if you really want our opinions the hero isnt worth it at this point

edit: i didnt even post the specs for the original hero oops haha
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 09:49:14 PM by Reficul »

Man your so lucky you got a gift card

By 'facts' I was refering to people's experience with gopros, obviously I can look at figures online, but i would rather get the opinion of someone who owns one, and maybe ask a few questions rather than going through reviews on websites

i would rather get the opinion of someone who owns one, and maybe ask a few questions rather than going through reviews on websites
so you want opinions
but not reviews??

so you want opinions
but not reviews??
Just going to ignore your derailment attempt.

Just going to ignore your derailment attempt.
you arent making any sense
wouldnt it be easier to just look at reviews and form your own opinion instead of asking the blockland forums (99% of which who have never even used a gopro)
you're asking the wrong audience for this kind of thing

by opinions he means reviews by people who have one, not random online ones

>Random reviews are made by people who don't own the thing they're reviewing.

Mhmm, probably, yup, yeah, can't fault that logic.

what?
are you saying people who review it dont have them?
and wouldnt the blockland forums be more "random" than some cnet article or something

From the main page I thought this was about "Should I buy the GOP"

I was like "lol furdle wants to buy the republic party?"