Entropy Manor - Find the Radio Returns

Author Topic: Entropy Manor - Find the Radio Returns  (Read 3304 times)

INFO:
Find the Radio is a Gamemode hosted in the Entropy Manor build where radios spawn at random playing music. The players must search the Manor using only the sound of the radio to find it's location. Once a radio is found, another radio will spawn in 10 seconds and the finder gains 20 points. It's a race to find the radio before the other players do! Points can be exchanged for hats. Buying a hat does not take points away to ensure you don't lose it.

-We are currently using and testing out the Radio Brick. Now we don't need to event and place 7 bricks per radio cutting down on event time and reducing error possibilities. Radio currently plays music at a x2 radius.

-Shop currently holds a selection of 8 hats, one being exclusive. Purchasing a hat does not reduce score.

-Hidden chests do award points.

HOW TO PLAY:

Joining the Game:
First, you must enable music to ensure that you can hear it, as it's the main focus.
You can download the music off the server, or download the pack here to speed things up.
GET THE MUSIC (32 Songs)

Make sure you have your sound on at a legible level. Again, hearing whats going on is crucial to participating.

Loading into the server may take time, especially if you decide to download the music off the server. All uneeded files are turned off to ensure the least amount of loading time.

Finding a Radio:
In case you hadn't caught on by now, the radios look like this-

Because the radio only plays a song at a x2 radius, it only covers about 1/5th the map at any time. Wander around until you hear a song and try to pinpoint it before anyone else does.

Tip: Hearing a song doesn't always mean you're close. It could always be a floor above or below you.
Going into 3rd person is useful in trying to determine if it's above or below you.

Buying Hats
The Hat Shop is directly to the left entering the Manor.

To buy hats, simply click the hat you would like to buy.
The game will tell you if or not you meet the point requirement along with how much you need.

Rules:
There's only one:
1: Do not block doorways (You get one warning)

I will be hosting hopefully every night this week.
Information will be posted as things progress.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 11:14:52 PM by Mr.Noßody »

What a nice concept; I'm surprised I've never heard of it.

Ive hosted it before.
But never made a topic on it.

can you wear the mask with other hats? some friends of mine had played around with hatmods and managed to create a /twohat and /threehat mod

can you wear the mask with other hats? some friends of mine had played around with hatmods and managed to create a /twohat and /threehat mod

At the time being, no.
I don't have the mods that allow that.

While you have a custom hat on.
Open the character editor and close it, this does something and you can wear a player hat and a custom hat.

i was always really bad at this lol

I gotta try this some time

Found some bugs with the eventing last night.
I will fix it and host again tonight.

Thanks to all who came to see it.

You should add a bonus level or something that keeps the fun motivation going lol...

To get rid of any and all rules so this server could be autonomous, have you considered the push mod?

To get rid of any and all rules so this server could be autonomous, have you considered the push mod?

Yes, I have. I had to add that one rule because of one guy..

You should add a bonus level or something that keeps the fun motivation going lol...

Any suggestions?

Any suggestions?
There can be like a minimap (a maze) that all the players are teleported to, that the players that find the most radios win/escape death/ sent to a ultimate map?