Author Topic: .:Hosting:.  (Read 2457 times)

No, if it's not working then you did it wrong.

If you'd like to use the UPnP feature (which doesn't require port forwarding), you might need to reboot your router by unplugging it, waiting 10 seconds, and plugging it back in.

No, if it's not working then you did it wrong.

If you'd like to use the UPnP feature (which doesn't require port forwarding), you might need to reboot your router by unplugging it, waiting 10 seconds, and plugging it back in.
This this is what i did, didnt work...
(☞◣д◢)☞

Then you can try port forwarding again.

Go to this page: http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

Select your router. When you get to the list of applications, click "Blockland" and follow the instructions. (note that the tutorial says to forward 28000-28032. You only need 28000)

I didn't catch you saying clearly that you have been able to host previously.

What brand and model number of router do you have?

Also, if there's admin login details on your router, use http://routerlogin.net and enter those details if you want an interface where you can modify router settings (such as port forwarding).

If it's an Apple router then you would most likely use AirPort Utility.

I didn't catch you saying clearly that you have been able to host previously.
DHCP leases, probably. A computer's private IP address will change using DHCP unless you mark the computer (on the router and possibly the computer) as having a static IP address.

OK so here's the gist of port forwarding:
- Make your computer bound to a static IP address.
- Using that static IP, you forward ports through that.

You could also use UPnP but quite a few routers have quirky or no support for it.

Alright, i port forwarded and everything but it will not work, is there anything else i can do also?

Did you check your ports with an online tool?

Alright, i port forwarded and everything but it will not work, is there anything else i can do also?
Is your computer's private IP static?

Is your computer's private IP static?
Yes, it makes you use a static ip