Author Topic: Opening the brick menu crashes my game?  (Read 2132 times)

I also crash somehow whenever i use the printer.

I put the console log in the thread

Try removing some of your useless and pointless client and script add-ons then see if the problem persists. Also try removing client_TMBI

Try removing some of your useless and pointless client and script add-ons then see if the problem persists. Also try removing client_TMBI

Ill remove TMBI last cause it is one of my favorite mods.

I don't think it is a client mod cause it only crashes when some addons are enabled, i never crashed in vanilla blockland

NOEDIT: i don't have alot of addons enabled, i only have a few bricks and one playertype with slayer and some events.

NOEDIT2: I crashed when playing in the freebuild gamemode somehow, im gonna delete some client addons im not using.

Script add-ons too, they're made to be part client side as well.

Script add-ons too, they're made to be part client side as well.

K, ill try that out

Oh nmv, fixed it.

It was TMBI after all, im sad i have to remove it :(

You can try getting the latest version, if there are still errors you can contact the add-on creator about the issue. If the creator doesn't want to fix it then ask another coder in S&R.

You can try getting the latest version, if there are still errors you can contact the add-on creator about the issue. If the creator doesn't want to fix it then ask another coder in S&R.

I doubt this thing is even getting worked on.

But anyways there might be another mod like this somewhere.

NOEDIT:

Now i have another problem, everytime i use the printer it crashes my game too.

I attached the console log on this post.

Client_Themes is most likely the issue

i've made a very similar mod before and the exact symptoms (namely TMBI incompatibility) appeared. the way it works is the proper way to achieve custom GUI, but code that relies heavily on lots of dynamic GUI manipulation and creation will suffer from p severe performance impacts

in reality, you're probably not crashing. the game is just taking awhile to process a lot of data and if you were to wait for a bit it would sort itself out. think for yourself if the wait is worth it. i don't know the specific of how Client_Themes works, but i would imagine it's a one-time deal each play session. ie, it'll probably lag the first time you open the GUI, and then work alright from then on. this would obv change for certain mods, but that's likely what you're dealing with.

Client_Themes is most likely the issue

i've made a very similar mod before and the exact symptoms (namely TMBI incompatibility) appeared. the way it works is the proper way to achieve custom GUI, but code that relies heavily on lots of dynamic GUI manipulation and creation will suffer from p severe performance impacts

in reality, you're probably not crashing. the game is just taking awhile to process a lot of data and if you were to wait for a bit it would sort itself out. think for yourself if the wait is worth it. i don't know the specific of how Client_Themes works, but i would imagine it's a one-time deal each play session. ie, it'll probably lag the first time you open the GUI, and then work alright from then on. this would obv change for certain mods, but that's likely what you're dealing with.

Well it makes blockland stop responding for abit, then it forces me to close it, there is no "Wait for the program to respond" or anything when i crash.

Also i removed TMBI, but should i still remove client themes?

Well it makes blockland stop responding for abit, then it forces me to close it, there is no "Wait for the program to respond" or anything when i crash.

Also i removed TMBI, but should i still remove client themes?
If you remove Client_Themes, you can likely re-add TMBI.