Author Topic: Dedicated server crashes.  (Read 1668 times)

Yesterday I had problems using my server. I don't think it was because of the error shown below because when the server crashed it didn't show any error message of it crashing. The error message still pops up right after the server is done loading. I don't know if it was because of this even though I still get the error yet the server doesn't crash.

I haven't locked this yet because i'm still waiting to see if the server crashes after a few hours yet yesterday the server crashes after a few minutes of being on.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 05:27:45 PM by A_TEE »

Did you try to deactivate Event_Camera?

You have the broken Event_Camera installed.
Uninstall and find an alternative. I don't know of any.

There's a default one called Event_Camera_Control

Yes I have. . . yet The server still thinks it's there. . .
I took it out of the Add-ons folder yet it still picks it up.

Yes I have. . . yet The server still thinks it's there. . .
I took it out of the Add-ons folder yet it still picks it up.
Did you even restart Blockland?

Yes, I'm going to restart the computer.

doesn't work...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 10:25:10 PM by A_TEE »

I think my computer is corrupted or something. so i'm just locking the thred and figuring this stuff out when I have time.

You must first delete it from your addons folder, after that, make a NON-decicated server, and make sure that Event_Camera is not in your addons list. Then, after you load and spawn, you can host your Dedicated server.
Dedicated servers use the last applied settings from the server you last hosted that wasn't dedicated, so it still has Event_Camera from your non-dedicated server.

You must first delete it from your addons folder, after that, make a NON-decicated server, and make sure that Event_Camera is not in your addons list. Then, after you load and spawn, you can host your Dedicated server.
Dedicated servers use the last applied settings from the server you last hosted that wasn't dedicated, so it still has Event_Camera from your non-dedicated server.

I did all that. I rebooted my computer I still get the error  messages from the add-ons but its not the add-ons that's making it crash it was the computer also when the server crashed it didn't show any errors right when it crashed.

Thanks for helping guys ,but I think I have it figured out.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 02:17:50 PM by A_TEE »

If you literally deleted Event_Camera the server could not possibly think it is there. You did something wrong. Go back and make sure Event_Camera is deleted, and if it still crashes send us another screenshot of when it crashes.

If you literally deleted Event_Camera the server could not possibly think it is there. You did something wrong. Go back and make sure Event_Camera is deleted, and if it still crashes send us another screenshot of when it crashes.

dude, I'm sorry if I didn't make myself clear I have other add-ons with the same error also I believe its the computer making it crash because there was no crashing error when the servers crashed. The error came after it was done the server was done loading. Plus I believe the server would crash right when it was done loading if it is the add-on.

I've had the server up for a few hours as well, hasn't crashed yet after I rebooted my computer.

Reproduce the error and then post your console log.

Here, the add-ons work fine other then a different camera mod it shows that it is broken in game. Plus I never used it.

They only post once. Right when the server is done loading. The pistols are a group not just one wep.
Read top for more information.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 05:28:03 PM by A_TEE »

Do you have the default add-ons still activated, like Weapon_Gun? As quite a few add-ons require said mods in order to work.