Author Topic: Blockland stud measurement conversion?  (Read 1538 times)

So, my uncle hired some guys to come and build a house right next door to me, and I got the great idea of following construction at the end of each day and building the home in Blockland. But I ran into a problem-I can't get the scale right. So, I need help with this part.

The closest I've gotten is aprox. 4.5 inches=1 studs

Anyone have a closer measurement?

I'd say a stud would be more like 8".

I would do this, imagine the next drawing in real life;

Red is worker
brown are the walls

Try to calculate how many workers with the same physical aspect would fit between this space
lets say, 6
Now multiply it for 3 (being blockhead 3 studs large), which would be 18 studs
and then, you could get the length (for example, 3 meters), that would make 18 studs, 3 meters

Of course this is just my thought, it might not be 100% true, but it would work i think

Quote from: LinearAlbatross
The best way to do this is to either consider the engine's 'Torque unit' a meter, or establish some kind of scale that makes sense.

A 'meter' can't be realistically determined in any virtual world unless it's specifically made to scale with real-world units. And even then it's technically abstract.

The best way to mathematically figure a scale is from comparing to real life Lego. A Lego stud is 8mm long and 3.2mm tall. A Blockland stud is 0.5TU long and 0.2TU tall.

The conversion from TU to millimeters in this case would be 1:16. This makes a good amount of sense and is very easy to remember. One stud is 0.008m.

I've found 5 studs is a good meter, by visual observation.

I've found 5 studs is a good meter, by visual observation.
The only problem is what you get if you vary your resolution.

The only problem is what you get if you vary your resolution.

In comparison to the player i meant