~ and ' won't work in-game.

Author Topic: ~ and ' won't work in-game.  (Read 1127 times)

I just got a new computer and installed BL. I was helping Aloshi with testing an add-on, and I had to open the console. So I press the tilde key and nothing happens. I press it again. Same. I start mashing it, and still nothing. No console messages or anything. I tell him: "Im sorry, but I cant open the console. My tilde key isnt working. WTF my apostrophe key isnt either!"

The keys work in all other games/programs. I'm guessing it has something to do with my wireless keyboard or Vista. (I know, Vista sucks, but I can't downgrade upgrade to XP because it's encrypted against it.)

They did work ONCE, but it was while I was waiting for a server to load, and it stopped once I spawned. (It was after I first noticed the problem.)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Encrypted against XP? Wat?

Have you checked your keybinding for console?

There's no option for it.

alot of my keys do not function.
~
-
=
'
\
[

wierdest thing is, ] makes a [ and \ makes ]
I just kinda got over it.

It's commonly the key left of 1/! and below Escape (¬/`/|), not the Tilde (~/#).

If you're not in fullscreen, you can use the 'black box' console.

It's commonly the key left of 1/! and below Escape (¬/`/|), not the Tilde (~/#).
That's the tilde on my keyboard.

Badspot

• Administrator
~
-
=
'
\
[

Your windows keyboard setting is set to the wrong language. 

~
-
=
'
\
[

Your windows keyboard setting is set to the wrong language. 

I am also have this problem, and my keyboard is in English.

Vista does not affect Blockland in ANY way. Stop trying to blame it, as it is not the problem. I have Vista and it works completely fine on my computer.