Author Topic: Whats with all the people naming themselves after youtubers?  (Read 1155 times)

Particularly minecrafters. Tell me what you've seen and ill add it to op.

probably 9 year old people who have these names:
DanTDM
SSundee
jacksepticeye
PewDiePie
TobyGames

thats it so far, post below if youve seen any others.
its really stupid

What kind of question is this? Impersonation obviously. Thread over, apparently.

becaus its cool!!!
ples adres me as skidoezmc!!!11

What kind of question is this? Impersonation obviously. Thread over, apparently.
i wouldnt say impersonation because nobodies going to take them seriously and if the actual person came on they probably wouldnt make their name that. however its happening a lot more abruptly and its worth discussing

In an honest answer, they find the people they name themselves after cool, from what I can gather.

It'd be comparable to people who make their avatars/names out of things they like, instead of just youtubers.
A few examples being fandom avatar or pics/art they like/pictures of ponies for bronies?/pictures of furry creatures for furries?/etc.

Basically, nine times out of ten, it's them naming/displaying themselves based on the things they like. Perfectly natural, however annoying/odd it may be.

In an honest answer, they find the people they name themselves after cool, from what I can gather.

It'd be comparable to people who make their avatars/names out of things they like, instead of just youtubers.
A few examples being fandom avatar or pics/art they like/pictures of ponies for bronies?/pictures of furry creatures for furries?/etc.

Basically, nine times out of ten, it's them naming/displaying themselves based on the things they like. Perfectly natural, however annoying/odd it may be.

the difference is naming yourself after a fictional character isn't naming yourself as an active and popular youtube channel, and then none-the-less acting like that person and saying they're them.

(e.g., this guy named rubberfruit. go on. he won't give you any proof but he insists it's the real one!)

On RTB was this person trying to seem like Pewdiepie, saying facts about Pewdiepie to look like him, but Pewdiepie wouldn't be persistent on that stuff.

Also they want to seem cool is why.

Next thing we know we're going to have people named after some famous ROBLOX player