Author Topic: Transport/ Cargo/ Military Plane: 1940s- New update on page 2! Detailed Engines!  (Read 4487 times)

Hey guys, haven't been building in a while. Whipped this up real quick, its based off a kind of C-45 look. Basically a civilian Beechcraft plane that was used for the military. I will be making a military version with either floats on it, or with guns, a green interior, etc. Plane will have middle/ low wings, with 2 engines. Tail will be a twin tail. Wheel configuration will be tail dragger.

If I have time Ill make complex engines and landing gear, etc, like I have in the past. Anyway, pictures:

(Theres a weird gap in it for now because the wings will go in that area. I will close the gap, or edit it to make it more sleek with print plates. I don't know yet. The outer most row of the plates can, and probably will be very different by the time the plane is done).

Ill smooth out the edges and keep you all posted. But yeah, you can give constructive criticism, but there isn't much to criticize. Just please... please don't complain about my lack of using ramps on this plane. Its one of my pet peeves. Building the planes with plates is my style, and I de-spam/ smooth the exterior out as I go.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 10:34:59 PM by SailorMan »

Some of my previous stuff, if youre interested:
Stinson 10A http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=242406.0
DC-4, Mobile ATC, and Seaplane http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=237242.0
B-17 (Second one, because first is crap) http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=186751.0

Oh and if anyone wants tips on vehicles let me know :)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 06:17:03 PM by SailorMan »

Wow nice! Please finish! I could use this!

For what type of build? With landing gear up, down, or toggleable?

of course toggleable :P, if not, down

Going to be a while lol. It's a tedious task and I'm not close to being done. And I have a lot of school work

Thanks! Working on the wings right now if anyone wants to join me!

Ooh, thanks ;) more where that came from <3

Anyway, wing is almost done. I'll show y'all tomorrow when it's finished officially

wings and engine done! Next is landing gear, engine guts, vertical stabilizers, and of course, the other wing! Shoot me now this will be tedious.

Awesome :D

Also you should start using ceiling prints, and prints, in my opinion.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 11:13:01 AM by WhoStole MahCar »

Thanks!
And Planning on doing that in the interior. As for the exterior it would be impractical

Why would it be impractical?

The brick count would skyrocket. There are not really bottom print plates that are greater than 1x2. I use 1x2, 1x3, 1x4, 1x6, 1x8, 1x10, etc bricks to support the bottom section of my planes. Not really practical to replace all of them with 1x2 bottom print plates. I would have to put this thing into a zone brick.

Besides, if I used the 1x(something) tile prints, you cannot build on things.

Using regular plates don't really bother me. If you see the amount of work involved and all the headaches, making this look "pretty" doesn't always help.