guess what im gonna try to fix

Author Topic: guess what im gonna try to fix  (Read 829 times)

yep so my friend brought this in to school for me to fix and it was way worse than i thought. it has some malware and adware and wont connect to the internet without an ethernet cable. notice broken missing keys. she thought it would be a good idea to GLUE THEM BACK ON and accadently spilled glitter all over the glue. wish me luck with my newest project.

goes in tech gore thread  :cookieMonster:

sorry its sideways guys, i posted this from my ipod

sorry its sideways guys, i posted this from my ipod

Who still uses windows 95

-snipples-
Probably just Windows Vista with a skin. I have that.

or any windows with the extra aesthetic effects turned off and set to the 'classic theme' or w/e

Its windows xp. I dont know why.

So i did a scan with avast and i think it has removed all the viruses, but it found something like 30 malicious files. Adware, one trojan, and i got a warning about a rootkit which i havent researched very well yet.
Various adware/unwanted programs it had that were noticable were
Define Ext.exe
iLivid
Tidynetwork.com
Yontoo
TopArcadeHits
some other thing i dont remember

sooooo yeaaahhh

If that computer were a human being, I would shoot it in the face

The way the picture portrays it, it looks like alien quartz crystals have begun forming.

I recommend you torch the damn thing and buy your friend a new computer.

Or, if you don't have the cash, tell her the guys from Ancient Aliens took it with a warrant and there was nothing you could do.

actually, by now i got avast 2015 and i think i removed most of the bad stuff. still some other unneeded programs slowing it down. also all the glitter and glue is off. dont need an ethernet cable after all.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 11:53:56 AM by Blockaium »

get malwarebytes. my grandparents had like 500+ items of malware on the damn thing. i had to go to their house and reinstall windows because of it, and they live 35 miles out west.