Author Topic: elementary os freya is coming out tomorrow/in a few hours eee  (Read 2146 times)

I've got Luna installed right now. What are some major differences between Luna and Freya?

Bump.

It's about 12 the next day and it still hasn't been released. I think it's coming a bit late.

how is eOS? what's the benefits of it over #!?

how is eOS? what's the benefits of it over #!?
eOS is based on the LTS versions of Ubuntu, meaning that the upcoming "Freya" release (based on Ubuntu 14.04) will be supported by the Ubuntu community until 2019. #! is based on Debian. It's just Debian with openbox. That's it.

eOS has it's own collection of software made specifically for eOS. It's UI is very similar to that of OS X. It is pretty much Ubuntu with nothing installed but an exclusive DE and the bare essentials. It's nowhere near as bloated as Ubuntu.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 11:54:31 AM by blueblur121 »

hm, i used to have ubuntu but hated unity...so i'll check this out

hm, i used to have ubuntu but hated unity
And that is why Elementary OS exists. People liked the idea of a Linux OS having a ton of it's own exclusive software, but didn't like Unity for obvious reasons. And Ubuntu is super loving bloated.

And that is why Elementary OS exists. People liked the idea of a Linux OS having a ton of it's own exclusive software, but didn't like Unity for obvious reasons. And Ubuntu is super loving bloated.
i have a second 500GB hard drive and a 1tb with windows installed
i want to install elementary on the 500GB hard drive and dual boot the two.
any idea on how this might work? elementary looks forgetin good.

i have a second 500GB hard drive and a 1tb with windows installed
i want to install elementary on the 500GB hard drive and dual boot the two.
any idea on how this might work? elementary looks forgetin good.
If they're on seperate hard drives, then you don't even need to configure a bootloader for a dual boot. Just choose the device you want to boot from in the bios.

When you install, there should be an option to choose the hard drive you want to install to. When you get there, just choose the 500GB one. Then you should be set.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 04:13:10 PM by blueblur121 »

If they're on seperate hard drives, then you don't even need to configure a bootloader for a dual boot. Just choose the device you want to boot from in the bios.

When you install, there should be an option to choose the hard drive you want to install to. When you get there, just choose the 500GB one. Then you should be set.
i dont want to have to keep rearranging the boot priority to switch back and forth from elementary and windows though

i dont want to have to keep rearranging the boot priority to switch back and forth from elementary and windows though
What version of Windows do you have?

Idk then.
You should google it.