Author Topic: The problem with Super Murder Mystery  (Read 1487 times)

Is there a fix for the names in SMM? One handy feature is that mousing over a player will tell you their name and role(If you are a mafia member, it also tells teammates.) Unfortunately, however, it only seems to kick in AFTER you take damage, and its the only way to identify fellow mafs for most players. This inevitibly results in Mafia members teamkilling eachother, because mousing over another player will not work until they take damage. Is there a way to make mousing over another player kick in BEFORE taking damage?

Ex. Something_Awful is a Mafia member. Blockland3999 is also a Mafia member. Something_Awful spots and shoots Blockhead3999(He hasn't taken damage yet, so he has no idea that he just shot a teammate). Blockhead3999 can now mouse over Something_Awful and discover that he is a fellow maf. Something_Awful fires again, and Blockhead3999 then gets shot in the face, dies, rages, and gets Something_Awful banned for teamkilling.

Is there anything I could edit in the Misc file?

Only do it on the roads. People almost always never go a round without touching the road.
What if someone touches the road with 1 HP Left?

Posted a suggestion and request for an addon to damage+heal all players when the round resets.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 10:57:33 AM by tber123 »

not sure how the game works, but could you hurt everybody with events and heal them when the round starts?

not sure how the game works, but could you hurt everybody with events and heal them when the round starts?
Rgg did that, but it just seemed like everyone was on their period...

But anyways, you can just make a gui fixer. And this has once been broken for innocents, too.

How do I do that?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 10:12:48 AM by tber123 »

How do I do that?
Make the spawn bricks take of -1 hp or add 1 hp maybe?

That would require manually eventing every single one of them. Any other ways to do it?

That would require manually eventing every single one of them. Any other ways to do it?
Only do it on the roads. People almost always never go a round without touching the road.

What if someone touches the road with 1 HP Left?

Posted a suggestion and request for an addon to damage+heal all players when the round resets.

I fixed this by removing a line that canceled the display updater, but it clearly isn't meant to be the solution since this line didn't affect the game with the original weapons. It works just fine for my SMM server though as a temperary fix until I try at getting the ammo system and stuff to work with the weapons I use somehow so ammo displays regularly like in the original SMM server.

The file to look for is display.cs.

In other words, yes there is a solution, and there's no need to event tons of bricks to do this simple edit.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 09:28:00 PM by QuadStorm »

Make the spawn bricks take of -1 hp or add 1 hp maybe?

What I did when I hosted a few months ago was to do this, but with big zones. You can't do it with spawns, since players can't take damage when they initially spawn if I am correct.

This can actually be done with a simple event script (May not be 100% Correct as I can't access my main computer.)
OnMiniReset-Minigame-All Players-AddHealth- -1
OnMiniReset-Minigame-All Players-AddHealth- 1

There is no All players, there is only "Named brick" and "SELF".

if you have the save file, it shouldn't be too difficult to modify all of the spawn bricks at once
what does the map look like? are there spawn rooms or do people just spawn everywhere?

(Is there a huge pagestretch on this image? I can't tell since my monitor is 2560x1600.

This is the build, except edited. Theres a bunch of stuff behind the camera.

This is the problem when I try to event.