Fix the server crashing bug.

Author Topic: Fix the server crashing bug.  (Read 1735 times)

There's no reason that it should take this long to patch a major bug. I'm tired of restarting my server every other day.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 04:54:44 PM by Greek2me »

What bug would you be referring to?

The one where people can crash servers at the press of a button.

Yes please.

Also, I am officially to 75% of 10k posts.

i agree, this is a major game breaking bug, and it has been known about for a long time. it's about time it gets patched

Yeah, this is a pain in the ass to have a good server restart because some starfish wants some fun by crashing a server.

There's no reason that it should take this long to patch a major bug. I'm tired of restarting my server every other day.
Your not the only one fed up with this. I don't want to use some DLL that I don't trust which came from the original creator of the bad DLL in the first place. I would feel much better if Badspot compiled a DLL himself and implemented it in the next patch, even if he has to barrow and modify code from the original bad DLL; It would still feel much safer to get an "Official Patch"

I don't even host dedicated servers that often, I usually just start a regular server and keep it up for a couple hours or more. It is seriously annoying having to restart and message all my friends to come back and apologize for some ass crashing the server. It makes people not want to come back out of fear of crashing.

I know many people will say "Use Choco's IP ban or better yet use Computer Mix's DLL crash preventer!" but the short answer is NO!!!! Idk about you guys, but I would rather have an official patch than use a DLL created by the original maker of the bad DLL. It's about having a feeling of security.

In the span of two weeks, six different people have attempted to take down my server. This isn't going to just go away; it should be fixed...
I had to violate the ToS to protect my server.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 05:29:08 PM by Aoki² »

/fullsupport

This is actually one of the main reasons I haven't been hosting. I'll never know when this person is going to connect, and turns out that its a server kamikaze machine.

I haven't been able to make a 24/7 server since I use a Linux VPS meaning I can't use the anti-crash DLL on it because I simply don't know how. I heard something about splicing w/ Wine or something but that was it, there is no specific tutorial (as far as I am aware).

I'm not hosting a 24/7 server without that protection.
I shouldn't be worrying about things like this either.

but,,,,, i men hats are importent i hope you lik hats?????????

Get out of here. This is a serious issue and if you can't take it seriously then you shouldn't be playing Blockland. People are tired of spending hours building and making a fun server for their friends, only to have someone crash it over and over, constantly ruining the game.

That has nothing to do with this.