The Open Bay - Save, create and run your own pirate bay

Author Topic: The Open Bay - Save, create and run your own pirate bay  (Read 1385 times)

We, the team that brought you Isohunt.to and oldpiratebay.org, are brining you the next step in the torrent evolution. Pirate Bay open source code.

wow lol that's kinda cool
i don't think I should link to it because idk if that's allowed haha, just google it

wait so piratebay isn't actually up?

wait so piratebay isn't actually up?
it's been down for the past week

As neat as it is for those underground hogs, for any casual person it's pretty much straight to jail.

instead of cloning that piece of stuff site, focus on making a new one that's really good. where the hell is this trend going

instead of cloning that piece of stuff site, focus on making a new one that's really good. where the hell is this trend going

What, for it to get insta shutdown again?

The entire reason for why The Pirate Bay has survived for so long is because the site was being hosted by numerous people, from different locations. With the way the internet works right now it would simply take too many resources to take them all down.

Isn't kickass bigger?
kats stuff
I don't torrent illegal stuff in general but thats what I've heard

oh god

it's replicating

The entire reason for why The Pirate Bay has survived for so long is because the site was being hosted by numerous people, from different locations. With the way the internet works right now it would simply take too many resources to take them all down.
the reason the pirate bay survived is because they kept taking down mirrors. useless. I think they said the central sever got mirrored everywhere by the same guys. once that was gone, so were all the mirrors. if its now being hosted by different people, not mirrors, then how would the database work exactly? whos would they use as the main one to update from? isohunts? well what if that one goes down like the pirate bay? all the pirate bay replicas based on its database die too? each one would be different based on their popularity and how many people upload to it. its a cluster forget idk how its supposed to work.

btw hosting your own pirate bay? that's such a bad idea I think shooting yourself in the foot is a better idea