"Fact Sphere" New possible spammer?

Author Topic: "Fact Sphere" New possible spammer?  (Read 4661 times)

Oh boy, my first drama thread.

So basically, this guy called "Fact Sphere" with an ID of 39904 is coming onto servers and actually spamming things the Fact Sphere from Portal 2 would say, but not at a spammy rate.  Just enough to interrupt normal game play.

Video proof link:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUi8rWasHuY

Everyone on my server said they have seen him before many times and hes annoying and "the worst thing to happen to bl", an overstatement.  Anything we can do about this guy?  Seems like its maybe just a joke, but the way he moves in the video suggests hes a bot of some type.  I think that's against some general rules here on BL, but I'm not sure.  Thoughts?

hes been around for a while, really annoying

yeah I drama'd him a while back --- backfired. Some bot Pecon7(?) made.

yeah I drama'd him a while back --- backfired. Some bot Pecon7(?) made.
At one point it claimed to be Irk89's bot. Whoever made it is trying to frame people.

At one point it claimed to be Irk89's bot. Whoever made it is trying to frame people.
A few others on my server claimed it was other generic shady player's bot, but none confirmed.  Looks like its up to someone with the power to figure out who an ID belongs to. 

Previous drama I made is that he is a real person, he remains anonymous as he says Pecon7, Ikr87 and RobAndBob. IMO he's pretty cool. Just gets annoying sometimes.

It actually belongs to Pecon, Cowboy proved it by matching their IPs.

It actually belongs to Pecon, Cowboy proved it by matching their IPs.
Looks like its a case closed.  Its annoying and un-nessicary IMO.  I doubt anyone will do anything about it, the bot is perma'd from my server.  It was cool for the first 10 seconds, and got old quick. 

I loving love Fact Sphere.

How is he spamming? Isn't spamming include mostly caps, and complete gibberish?

EX: w(*WUTYQW#*(P@#QY$ Y@R%

Well honestly what Fact Sphere does can be considered spam because the facts are not conversationally pertinent and occur regardless of what other people are saying.

How is he spamming? Isn't spamming include mostly caps, and complete gibberish?

EX: w(*WUTYQW#*(P@#QY$ Y@R%
Hes posting useless information over and over, imposing on gameplay. 

I guess humour is not with the Blockland Forums.

I find this guy funny.

How the hell does the chat "impose on gameplay"?

I loving love Fact Sphere.
I do too, but sometimes he does get a little too annoying.