Poll

No poll at the moment.

Author Topic: Teneksi's Showroom  (Read 99767 times)

Feel free to let me know about any bugs you find, suggestions you have, and details you particularly like or dislike.

Available to download
   Crown Vic 2016
   Ambulance V1
   Freestyle Buggy
   Crown Victoria + Police Interceptor

Works in progress
   Fire truck

Near future projects
   Van with box truck and other variants
   80s sedan with many variants
   80s pickup/SUV

Potential future projects
   RV
   New stunt plane
   Rally car
   F1 car

Crown Victoria 2016

New features
TAXI VARIANT - Long overdue.

Working doors - Click doors to open them. Click and hold a door to enter that seat.

New look - Windows, dashboard, steering animation, grill, headlights, brake lights, trunk, wheels, reverse lights, fenders, and bumpers have been improved.

New handling - Stiffer suspension prevents it from sinking into the ground, but is still relatively comfortable. Tires have better grip except for at high speed.
                         Driving at high speed is likely to end in a slide. Mouse steering is recommended for quick correction. When in doubt, use the brake. (SPACEBAR)

Speedometer - What "high speed" means becomes evident in first person. DEMO

Actually working headlights - Use your light key to see a brighter, more reliable headlight made possible by Port

/VEH - Type /veh while in the car or looking at it to use Vehicle Edit Helper to access factory colors and police car liveries
                       Vehicle Edit Helper is an extremely generalized alternate to CVS which relies entirely on scripts provided with the vehicle.
                       It is less user-friendly for the developers of cars, and it uses text menus instead of a GUI, but it can be used for anything.

New sirens - Provided by Burkanx. This is subjective, but I think it's an improvement.

Problems
These are the reasons this release is rushed and unceremonious. I plan on addressing them later.

I want to work on other vehicles. I like this car, but I'm getting sick of looking at it and thinking about it.
              One way or another, this car is going on the back burner, and it's too close to being finished to delay its release.

Non-animated police lights (Better than before but not as good as it could be) - I was hoping to replace the hidenode / unhidenode scripting which currently controls the emergency lights, but I ran into catastrophic errors

Possibly haunted - In one instance, car teleported, flashed, and otherwise acted with extreme weirdness in a way I have not been able to reproduce

Clumsy scripting - I added a lot of new features, and I had to do a lot of working around other things, and I possibly designed these scripts quite badly. Bottom line: they work, just not as neatly as they could.

Performance hit - Spawning lots of this car may reduce frame rate more quickly than other cars.

There might be other problems I'm not aware of - Please describe any problems you run into.

If you're saddened by the quality of this release, keep in mind that the alternative path for my apathy would be to continue delaying this car for another month or two.

KNOWN ISSUES
Let me know if you discover something NOT listed here.

Taxi lacks speedometer
Taxi lacks decals
Police Interceptor's center brakelight vanished

FIXED THE SOUNDS
ONCE MORE, WITH FEELING (1.78 MB)

Ambulance V1

Ambulance Version 1 complete
Ambulance Beta

Blockland Glass page

Ambulance controls
They're the same as the CV Police Interceptor controls.

Shift brick...
   Away: Wail
   Right: Yelp siren (or siren off if yelp is active)
   Left: "Phaser" siren (or siren off if phaser is active)

Light key: Toggle light sequence

Click: Toggle siren
   Click and hold: Horn / temporary switch (try with different sirens active)

Freestyle Buggy

Features
  • Animated springs
  • Air controls
  • Click and release to jump

Tips for driving

USE MOUSE STEERING! Unfortunately, when using A and D to steer, roll is added, and the changes can make the vehicle unstable.
Take full advantage of the air controls by using mouse steering.

Use A and D to roll the buggy, in order to stabilize (or destabilize) yourself. Roll into a turn to corner flat, or roll out of it to flip over (or cause a wheel to go through the ground momentarily -- this isn't ideal but it is almost always immediately recoverable)

Pushing the mouse forward will pitch the buggy forward, putting more weight on the front wheels. Doing this and steering results in a much sharper turn and a loss of traction in the back wheels. This means that you can perform a sliding hairpin turn. It's not a drifting vehicle, but this is a fun maneuver.

And, of course, air controls work in the air, so use them to land exactly how you want, or even do flips if you have enough air.

Freestyle Buggy Released [1:23]
Freestyle Buggy Version 2 [0:11]

Blockland Glass page

Crown Victoria + Police Interceptor

Features
  • Hands on steering wheel
  • Driverlights (idle lights turn on when there is a driver)

New in Version 2
  • Updated brakelights which better resemble the real thing
  • Functional headlights (press light key to activate)
  • Police Interceptor variant

Police Interceptor controls
Note - Sirens and headlights are turned off when the driver exits the vehicle. Spotlights and light sequences may continue.

Shift brick away: "Wail" siren (or siren off if wail is active)
   Shift brick right: "Yelp" siren (or siren off if yelp is active)
   Shift brick left: "Phaser" siren (or siren off if phaser is active)
   Shift brick toward: Turn the siren off (regardless of which siren is active)

Shift brick up: Turn on the headlights (Just like in the stock Crown Victoria)
   Shift brick down: Turn on the spotlight (A much brighter light to find perps in the dark)

Light key: Toggle light sequence

Mouse click: Turn off siren (if siren is active); Turn on "wail" siren" (if siren is off)
   Click and hold: Honk or change siren (down by one; hold with different sirens active to understand) until released

Crown Victoria Version 2 Released [1:51]

Blockland Glass page

Works in progress

« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 11:33:20 PM by Teneksi »

Not Bad looks just like it.

can't wait for the police version.

did you put CVS on it?
OT:

did you put CVS on it?
OT: -snip-
No, he didn't yet.
Also I love how the hand moves up the steering wheel when your turning, good job.

No, he didn't yet.
Also I love how the hand moves up the steering wheel when your turning, good job.
Never noticed that on the newest cars? It's like a thing now.

Never noticed that on the newest cars? It's like a thing now.
I haven't seen the hand move when you turn, I mean like
if you turn left, your left hand moves up a little while turning
never noticed that on yours

I haven't seen the hand move when you turn, I mean like
if you turn left, your left hand moves up a little while turning
never noticed that on yours
So you're saying only the right hand turns the wheel and the left one doesn't? Also my cars uses hands on wheels support since the Citi.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 03:23:34 PM by Filipe »

So you're saying only the right hand turns the wheel and the left one doesn't? Also my cars uses hands on wheels support since the Citi.
I get what zedrow says and it actually does not happen in your cars
Why dont you actually try the vehicle

I get what zedrow says and it actually does not happen in your cars
Why dont you actually try the vehicle
What are you talking about I already added hands that turns the steering wheel a year ago