Poll

No poll at the moment.

Author Topic: Teneksi's Showroom  (Read 100628 times)

New light bar, looking like a cellophane bar inside Blender

For the New Crown Victoria, it's like Cave Johnson, but instead of Get Mad it's Get Hyped.
that was quite a stretch of a reference but I appreciate your enthusiasm

quality of scripting design has taken a dive

it will work as it needs to, but a close examination of its scripts may make one cringe

this is no longer the masterpiece I thought it was. future vehicles will need a simpler design.

Now that I'm trying to make a self-imposed deadline, rather than making random improvements in my free time, I suddenly have a very different opinion of my scripting abilities.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 11:12:50 PM by Teneksi »

Why the deadlines anyway? Just do what you need to, no need to stress yourself for no reason

Well, it's been a real long time since I released something, and I wanted to challenge myself.

all things considered, it's very, very close to being done, but the things which remain are particularly likely to cause sadness

The current state of things is yes, you'll get this dang car very soon, but it's not going to be exactly what I meant for it to be and I'll want to make updates later.

But they'll be updates that don't end up redesigning the whole thing and won't take up half a year of time which could have gone to new vehicles

« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 11:54:48 PM by Teneksi »

-PURE STRESS-

Woah Teneski, just take your time. It will get done when it's done. Don't rush because of demand, I rather have a fully finished add-on rather than a buggy early release that gets monthly patches like certain steam titles many of us hate dearly.. You shouldn't time challenge yourself and tell everyone a release date-it increases the need to rush even greater..
Can wait for it though, dat lovey pc.

Naw but it's like ... this close *holds fingers almost together*

When I wrote that post I was quite dehydrated and had just encountered more problems with the lights
so, for now, I'm going with the old method. Lots of hiding and unhiding. It's not ideal, but I know it works. I got other stuff I wanna do.

There's quite a bit of spaghetti code in there. I make one change somewhere, then have to work around it somewhere else to get it to work the way it did before ... basically, it's kinda atrocious, but only in a scripting aesthetic sense. It won't be buggy, it just won't be perfect in an efficient, perfectionist sense.

I want to share what I've done with the Crown Vic, and I really, really want to work on a vehicle that isn't the Crown Vic. So you better expect it.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 06:17:23 AM by Teneksi »

-blahblahblahblahblahblahblah-
-blahblahblahblahblahblahblah
-blahblahblahblahblahblahblah-

-snip-

So.. also included in your old method is staying hydrated right? Like, I usually have a small refrigerator stash of water bottles behind my "Gaming Central".
Anyways back on topic, what did you do..? I'm slow. Did you shade in and add colors to the model it's self-I don't know.. You made them darker?
So far IMO your Vic is the best emergency vehicle in Blockland.. EDIT: Wait- did you add CVS Support to the vehicle?!

Wait- did you add CVS Support to the vehicle?!
Technically no

well ... I was in singleplayer, and spawned several crown vics, and turned on all their police lights to admire them... and after a minute, one of them flipped upside down and teleported to where I was standing. then another one followed suit. I wasn't colliding with them, they were just shaking upside down. I went to their actual location and bumped them, and they went back to normal.

...then one of the others started rapidly steering back and forth, then flashing its hidden nodes, and then did the same thing as the others.

so....

I might have broken something. or the crown vic is now haunted.

but i'm honestly not sure how I could have broken it, and really, the best way for me to see if this is actually a problem, and get ideas on how to fix it, is to let other people use it. so i'm going ahead as planned. but right now, I need sleep.

and after a minute, one of them flipped upside down and teleported to where I was standing. then another one followed suit. I wasn't colliding with them, they were just shaking upside down. I went to their actual location and bumped them, and they went back to normal.

...then one of the others started rapidly steering back and forth, then flashing its hidden nodes, and then did the same thing as the others.
How does any of this even happen?

well ... I was in singleplayer, and spawned several crown vics, and turned on all their police lights to admire them... and after a minute, one of them flipped upside down and teleported to where I was standing. then another one followed suit. I wasn't colliding with them, they were just shaking upside down. I went to their actual location and bumped them, and they went back to normal.

so....

I might have broken something. or the crown vic is now haunted.

but i'm honestly not sure how I could have broken it, and really, the best way for me to see if this is actually a problem, and get ideas on how to fix it, is to let other people use it. so i'm going ahead as planned. but right now, I need sleep.
You should have recorded this man, it sounds crazy
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 09:22:27 AM by Filipe »

It probably is crazy. Actually one time I was in a Default Jeep just drivin' around, I get out, and all of a sudden it gets stuck in the ground and starts having a seizure. Then, it pings off somewhere and comes back to ram me in the face and kill me. It also kind of happen to me on Gmod as well. LOL

Actually one time I was in a Default Jeep just drivin' around, I get out, and all of a sudden it gets stuck in the ground and starts having a seizure.
The ground plane is known to cause vehicles to have seizures, they just don't agree with each other