Author Topic: Need some help answering questions for a job.  (Read 453 times)

I applied for a job as a "bike ambassador" at my college and I got these questions sent to me:

Submit a bicycle statement that details your personal interest in cycling and/or you interest in bicycle planning/education from a professional standpoint.
How many hours/week would you prefer to work?
What is your expected graduation date?
Why do you want to work for Bicycle Programs as a Bike Ambassador?
Please provide your schedule of availability from 6:30 AM to 9:30 PM for the Spring 2015 Semester.
Please provide your schedule of available from 6:30 AM to 6:30 PM for January 5, 2015 through January 11, 2015.

I don't get what exactly they want for a "bicycle statement." This is what I came up with:

I am mostly interested in the wellness aspect of personal cycling. I believe bikers generally lead healthier lifestyles than drivers and walkers, and are more willing to participate in exercise as well. I believe this aspect is what should be touted as the primary incentive of biking on top of the faster transportation times, low financial costs, and the much smaller strain on the environment as well. I think that with this viewpoint, the student body outlook of biking on campus can shift to a more positive one, as awareness on safety, convenience, and general leisure is made available to all who want to know.

Does anyone think that this is what they are looking for, or do they want a long ass page elaborating more? I've never had an employer ask for something like this. Thanks for the help.

That's pretty much the answer they're looking for

go for it, yo

Ambassador is a fancy way of saying "PR Agent" or "Salesperson".

That answer is very good. You should do well :)

That's pretty much the answer they're looking for

go for it, yo
kk thanks. I was just making sure it wasn't too short or anything. Wish me luck with it.
Ambassador is a fancy way of saying "PR Agent" or "Salesperson".

That answer is very good. You should do well :)
I hope so, thanks  :cookie: