Author Topic: Blockland crashes as soon as a new server is started  (Read 2482 times)

Every single damn time I try to start a server, it loads addons correctly, then when it tries to connect to local host to post the server to the master, it closes and says blockland.exe has stopped working.

Please help.

Disable any add-ons you've recently downloaded.

blota_joinServerPackage seems to pop up a lot following error traces, try removing System_GuiPlus from your add-ons folder as well as what Jasa suggested.

I have done so, awaiting cause.

I have done so, awaiting cause.
Crashed again, but this time in the middle of downloading Datablocks.

You'll have to start be removing any and all add-ons you believe you don't really need for your server. If the problem persists then keep removing more until it stops, then it'll be one of those add-ons. Remember that client add-ons can also cause said problem.

bump.

I figured out my problem. Script_RPChat was crashing my game, and I have no idea how or why. Could someone check the code for anything malicious, please?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mqdv375psjw8vb5/Script_RPChat.zip?dl=0

I'll take a look through it.

Nothing out of the ordinary, no backdoors as far as I can see.

Badspot

• Administrator
Nothing out of the ordinary, no backdoors as far as I can see.

I took a brief look at this - It is not at all obvious what this add-on does.  It connects to some web api, it's got base 64 encoding and decoding, it parses things and eval's stuff.  It's thousands of lines.  It has 4 authors.  There's no way you could claim that this is safe in under 10 minutes.  I'm not saying it's backdoored, but it could easily have injection vulnerabilities. 

I've also found out that Slayer does not work on my Blockland client either. It does the exact same thing that RPChat does.

You're going to need to post your console log again. I don't see anything unusual about Slayer in the one in the OP.

Also, what's up with this?
base/server/scripts/allGameScripts.cs (25340): Unable to find function getRealTime
base/server/scripts/allGameScripts.cs (25340): Unable to find function getRealTime
That shouldn't happen.

Here you go. It seems to work with just default addons.