Author Topic: Re: "DayZ: Blockland {In Development}" - The thread that'll never be...?  (Read 4060 times)

If any of you have been keeping up with Navaro's DayZ thread, you'll probably know what this is about.
To start off, I don't think Navaro has what he intends to accomplish planned out correctly, as he starts this project and plans to "get so much done" yet there's nothing posted in the thread? Isn't the point of creating a development thread to somewhat post some sort of progress to keep the thread alive? Well if you're Navaro, you probably like to let the thread sit and nearly die for 6 loving months.

To be honest I think you're a twatty cunt. No really, I do. You spend more time complaining and replying to people "hating" on you in the thread than you do actually keeping us up to date with the actual progress. Lmao. The fact that I can post a message regarding something in the thread and have you read two lines and completely blow it out of proportion is absolutely side splitting. You are a rage, my dear friend.

This is why everyone in that thread was "questioning" you, loving handicap. If you're gonna make a development thread, the least you can do is at least provide some information about whats being made, Not just make a thread then sit for 6 months Only replying to hateful messages. That's not how you run a thread, I'm so sorry if this offends you. We're not trying to force you to make progress and to keep us up to date, we're just asking that maybe, just maybe, every once in a while when something nice is made or some great milestone in your project is met, you can post a little bit of some information on it, even if it's just a simple picture or a two word post.
This reminds me of how people are complaining that supposedly I'm one of those people who would complain that Badspot "owes" us progress and updates. Actually it's different, I totally respect Badspot's decision for how he runs this game and I have no issue against it. I wouldn't force him to post progress or to give us updates, we can only wait. He has given us updates in the past and posts regarding progress so its almost safe to say we can just wait and stay tuned for further information.
"OH BUT TRETI, WHAT ABOUT NAVARO'S THREAD HUH? WHY CANT YOU JUST WAIT FOR HIM TO POST PROGRESS!"
Because it's not the same issue. Navaro makes a project thread and literally for six grueling months (I can't stress this enough, it's forgetin ridiculous how long he does this stuff), sits on his ass and only scans the thread for negative posts and replies to them. What. The. Actual. forget. I can't even comprehend this, I don't even know what type of mindset that is but holy forget is it horrendous.

If you're gonna unlock the thread in the future, don't do what you did last time. It's painfully obvious why you shouldn't do what you did, and if you're confused, I am so very sorry for you.

Nobody is forcing you to owe them anything, we're just asking if you can keep us up to date with your project you plan to work on and release. If you would stop throwing tantrums about why people complained in the thread, maybe you would realize why we were complaining in the first place.

Oh and for the whole sounds thing, I made that comment because I expected you to attempt to counter-bash me because I assumed you thought that's why I was "questioning" you. I thought you thought I still held a "grudge" against you for that. And as I even stated, but some how you ignored, I pretty much said I did not hold a grudge against you for that. I repeat, I did not hold a grudge against you for that. Can you just absorb that into your thick skull and let it sink in for a bit? Thank you.

Some background info on the sounds thing for those who are interested:
I was developing a weapon pack and needed some sounds, I asked Navaro to make some sounds for me and he accepted. After that point a few weeks passed, I asked Navaro how the sounds were coming along and he would usually state some stuff like "Oh haven't started yet". I don't ever remember getting aggressive or trying to force him to give me the sounds, and even if I did it was probably a joke. After that, days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months, and months turned into a year. Pretty much a year later (also numerous times within those months) I asked about progress, pretty much the same bitchy "forget YOU I DONT OWE YOU ANYTHING BLAH BLAH forget YOU IM MORE IMPORTANT" response occurred every time. I never forced him to make me sounds, I just asked if he could make me some, and he accepted and continued to ignore me and blow me off everytime I tried to ask how they were coming along.
For the incompetent who have trouble comprehending what I said above, I do not hold a grudge over Navaro for this. I do not want his sounds, and I do not expect them from him anytime soon. I am not angered about this, I am not butt-hurt over this either, I'm just stating what went down and why I thought he would try to use that against me.

I'm not mad about this, as I've stated way too many times. Apparently you don't know how to read? Maybe you have an anger issue and can only read two lines of a post and completely ignore the rest then continue to bitch, gripe, and groan. I don't know, you should probably try and work on that issue though, because guaranteed it will cause way more conflicts with others in the future.

I don't mean to come off as self centered or arrogant or whatever, I'm just trying to shed some light on this issue and maybe shake some sense into Navaro's extremely dense head. Now lets discuss this, shall we?

Nobody is forcing you to owe them anything.
Then what is the point of this thread? To force him to update you on small insignificant things?
Get real.

dude

he has a life

he has things to do other than please people for no charge with a server you can join in the game.

He told you he has multiple people he checks up on that are working on it, it is not a constant update steam.

Calm the hell down.

Then what is the point of this thread? To force him to update you on small insignificant things?
Get real.
I'm not forcing him to post progress, I'm (along with probably a good 50% of the people in that thread) just asking if he CAN post some information about his project.

dude

he has a life

he has things to do other than please people for no charge with a server you can join in the game.

He told you he has multiple people he checks up on that are working on it, it is not a constant update steam.

Calm the hell down.
Then why does he do that but not update the thread for 6 months. It just doesn't make sense. If he doesn't want his thread, why doesn't he just lock it and keep the information private?

why doesn't he just lock it and keep the information private?
Er, exuse me, why didn't he lock it in the first place I meant.

forget, reading into the thread even more, Treti just come screaming in like a bitch like he deserves it to be finished AND FINISHED NOW

I'm not forcing him to post progress, I'm (along with probably a good 50% of the people in that thread) just asking if he CAN post some information about his project.
That's still you demanding him to push out update posts. As far as I've read, he's said all that needs to be said. You're just being a cunt.

It's a big project. Give it some time. Look at Bone's Titanic. Sylvanors big Spaceship. They're huge loving projects, and they take loving time.
There isn't a magic build button that does everything for you.

If he doesn't want his thread, why doesn't he just lock it and keep the information private?
I'm bumping this because Bones4 said he was going to update it.  If he doesn't blame him, not me.

Holy forget are you dense buddy.
Bones maybe updates the titanic build once or twice a month. Are people stuffting on him because it takes a long time? No. Is he giving out updates daily that "yeah i finished room 12A on floor 3"? forget no. It's worthless information.

AN UPDATE THREAD IS FOR POSTING VALUABLE INFORMATION ON A PROJECT, NOT FOR SAYING "YES I PLACED 500 BRICKS TODAY AND MADE SEVERAL EVENTS".
The information you're bitching for is absolutely worthless, and contributes to the project about the same as your incessant complaining.

Hey Treti. It might be time to go to bed.

forget, reading into the thread even more, Treti just come screaming in like a bitch like he deserves it to be finished AND FINISHED NOW
That's still you demanding him to push out update posts. As far as I've read, he's said all that needs to be said. You're just being a cunt.

It's a big project. Give it some time. Look at Bone's Titanic. Sylvanors big Spaceship. They're huge loving projects, and they take loving time.
There isn't a magic build button that does everything for you.

Holy forget are you dense buddy.
Bones maybe updates the titanic build once or twice a month. Are people stuffting on him because it takes a long time? No. Is he giving out updates daily that "yeah i finished room 12A on floor 3"? forget no. It's worthless information.

AN UPDATE THREAD IS FOR POSTING VALUABLE INFORMATION ON A PROJECT, NOT FOR SAYING "YES I PLACED 500 BRICKS TODAY AND MADE SEVERAL EVENTS".
The information you're bitching for is absolutely worthless, and contributes to the project about the same as your incessant complaining.

Sure, buddy. Like I said in the OP, there's always that dense incompetent person who can't read properly and blows bits out of proportion. I do not expect everything to be done at once. I don't expect him to release this immediately and I am not in a bitchy mood about it. And this project isn't exactly THAT large scale, He can post things like Derroith did with his thread, like the introduction of backpacks, food, medpacks, stuff like that. In this case, Navaro isn't posting anything, and is acting like his whole thread is just a cesspit for drama. Nearly all his posts in that thread are just him replying to other people complaining. There was like maybe 5 pictures ever in that thread and most of them were all posted within the first month of the creation of that thread. It's been 6 months.boy im getting loving tired of saying this
Hey Treti. It might be time to go to bed.
buuut mom!!!

It's a shame to see great projects get thrown into the trash because of people like you. it is his project, he can treat it the way he wants to. you complaining throughout the topic only refines this opinion. i understand that development might be slow, but if he wants to take it back and work on stuff whenever he feels motivated, that is great. and if he never actually winds up making the actual game, someone else might. i know i (sort of) already am. ;)

Bone's Titanic. Sylvanors big Spaceship
Super bad examples
Both only progress like once every month
Bone legitimately not being on and Sylvanor afking (asked leetzero and he even said so aswell)

Super bad examples
Bone legitimately not being on and Sylvanor afking (asked leetzero and he even said so aswell)
NOEDIT because you've addressed it:

Sylvanor not as bad, but for example I've never even seen the titanic topic in an eternity. Neither the DayZ thing. Both seem dead to me.

It's a shame to see great projects get thrown into the trash because of people like you.
He's still working on it (I'm almost certainly sure). All he did was lock the thread.

It's been 6 months.
The Titanic has been a work in progress for 7 YEARS.

Sure, buddy. Like I said in the OP, there's always that dense incompetent person who can't read properly and blows bits out of proportion.
You mean yourself? You seem to be underestimating how much effort needs to go into something like this. If it's clearly that easy and simple as you think it is, why don't you do it yourself? Wait: You can't code/model/build well? Then guess what. You don't have a say in how fast a project like this goes. You have no idea how much effort needs to be done between multiple people for something this large to come together, and if you're that impatient to play DayZ in the first place, why don't you play the Arma mod or the standalone itself instead of sitting on the edge of your seat waiting to complain again.

Lets see how much work needs to be done with add-ons alone.
21 different weapons.
5 or more different vehicles.

I don't know if you've ever tried to make one of those before, but even if you could manage to stuff one out every day, you'll be spending all your free time over a month making add-ons and vehicles. But these responsibilities are skewed out among other people. The BL:DayZ isn't fully responsible for how fast other people are doing their work, especially when it's voluntary and completely unnecessary. They don't have to do this for us, or for you. They can take as much time as they want.

In this case, Navaro isn't posting anything
What can he post that he hasn't already that will fill your empty little void of a brain? If there's nothing to be posted, why just fill up the thread with useless pandering.

and is acting like his whole thread is just a cesspit for drama.
That's all coming from you. The thread was fine until you instigated drama in the first place, begging and trying to force him to keep your little mind excited.

And this project isn't exactly THAT large scale
How is it not THAT large of a scale? Have you ever built something bigger than a house before? forget, even a decent sized 4x64 plate building can take a few days of hard work to make look perfect. This is a giant open world build that needs to have every detail at every corner. It's going to take a loving long time.

He can post things like Derroith did with his thread, like the introduction of backpacks, food, medpacks, stuff like that.[/b]
How can he post updates about things that haven't even started yet? Pay attention to the second post of the thread. THERE IS NOTHING THAT CAN BE UPDATED ON. EVERYTHING HAS BEEN SAID.

I am not in a bitchy mood about it.

Well if you're Navaro, you probably like to let the thread sit and nearly die for 6 loving months.
To be honest I think you're a twatty cunt. No really, I do.
What. The. Actual. forget. I can't even comprehend this, I don't even know what type of mindset that is but holy forget is it horrendous.
Can you just absorb that into your thick skull and let it sink in for a bit? Thank you.
"forget YOU I DONT OWE YOU ANYTHING BLAH BLAH forget YOU IM MORE IMPORTANT"
Yeah, sure, okay~

I don't mean to come off as self centered or arrogant or whatever
I swear I'm a nice guy! Ugh, people never give me a chance. They always go for the losers :(
If you weren't meaning to come off as a cunt, you wouldn't call people a loving twatty cunt you twatty cunt.

Super bad examples
That makes the examples even more suitable. Clearly this DayZ project is hampered by the fact that a accumulation of real people are behind it, and cannot devote every working hour towards it.

In short: Treti is a self-entitled moron, and has no idea or respect for the amount of effort that goes into a project like this.