Author Topic: Overcoming energy drink addiction  (Read 1114 times)

I use to drink some lameass drink called Monster Energy 8 times a week, at least once a day for almost complete 2014. Since I thought that was forgeted up, I planned on stopping start 2015, and to begin drinking something healthy.
I'm currently buying these https://www.drinkarizona.com/ because they say all kinds of stuff that it's healthy or whatever, and I love tea. But my question is, do you guys know of anything healthier (no water please, I enjoy flavor) or know if AriZona is just bullstuffting?

Plus, have you guys dealt with addictions before? Stories?  :cookieMonster:

I use to drink some lameass drink called Monster Energy 8 times a week, at least once a day for almost complete 2014. Since I thought that was forgeted up, I planned on stopping start 2015, and to begin drinking something healthy.
I'm currently buying these https://www.drinkarizona.com/ because they say all kinds of stuff that it's healthy or whatever, and I love tea. But my question is, do you guys know of anything healthier (no water please, I enjoy flavor) or know if AriZona is just bullstuffting?

Plus, have you guys dealt with addictions before? Stories?  :cookieMonster:
Monster Energy? 8 TIMES A WEEK, TOTALING ALMOST ONCE PER DAY FOR A WHOLE YEAR??!?!
DAMN
you got some serious reconsidering your life to do

Monster Energy? 8 TIMES A WEEK, TOTALING ALMOST ONCE PER DAY FOR A WHOLE YEAR??!?!
DAMN
you got some serious reconsidering your life to do

I'm pretty sure this is sarcastic. But I also have days where I rack up a week's amount in one night. Plus, I started drinking it to cope with depression in October, doubling the usual amount. It's just super unhealthy, and I care about my health, like any other sane person.

The funniest thing is, caffeine does nothing to me.

Not to mention, stuff gets expensive if you spend 10 EUR p/week just for a drink, racking up total spending for weekly to 20 EUR.
That's not much, but if you add it up, it is.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 07:11:10 AM by ForgetLavender »

I'm pretty sure this is sarcastic. But I also have days where I rack up a week's amount in one night. Plus, I started drinking it to cope with depression in October, doubling the usual amount. It's just super unhealthy, and I care about my health, like any other sane person.

The funniest thing is, caffeine does nothing to me.

Not to mention, stuff gets expensive if you spend 10 EUR p/week just for a drink, racking up total spending for weekly to 20 EUR.
That's not much, but if you add it up, it is.

You've become resistant to caffeine because you've had so much of it.

You've become resistant to caffeine because you've had so much of it.

That sounds reasonable, however, caffeine never had a real noticeable effect on me, since the day I had my first cup of coffee.

But I have a feeling it might be because others around me fall for a placebo, thinking a single can of energy is 'supposed' to make you all jumpy. Whilst the only thing caffeine does, is make you more alert.

(no water please, I enjoy flavor)

No. Companies that produce Monster, or whatever that Arizona crap is exist on the basis that their audience "enjoy flavour" to the point that they need it to get through their everyday life. Don't take any of the "healthy drink" bullstuff, or even worse anything to do with "low calories" or "low sugar"; a healthy diet is much more complicated than that. Start drinking water and participating in sport activities to get your adrenaline cut elsewhere than drinks. It takes your mind off of whatever addiction you have, and the increased blood flow to the brain leaves you feeling in a much better mood afterwards.

Honestly, in my view virtually all depression stories that you hear online are due to a lack of mobility in the person in question. We've naturally evolved to feel drowsy when not in motion for extended periods of time (this includes sitting in front of a computer) as the body assumes there's enough food in our society that we don't have to "hunt". The next logical step in the scheme of survival would be to preserve that state by hibernating. This would've made sense to our ancestors, but is problematic to our generation. So to combat this, we 'simulate' hunting by doing sport.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 07:37:43 AM by D3ATH LORD »

No. Companies that produce Monster, or whatever that Arizona crap is exist on the basis that their audience "enjoy flavour" to the point that they need it to get through their everyday life. Don't take any of the "healthy drink" bullstuff, or even worse anything to do with "low calories" or "low sugar"; a healthy diet is much more complicated than that. Start drinking water and participating in sport activities to get your adrenaline cut elsewhere than drinks. It takes your mind off of whatever addiction you have, and the increased blood flow to the brain leaves you feeling in a much better mood afterwards.

Honestly, in my view virtually all depression stories that you hear online are due to a lack of mobility in the person in question. We've naturally evolved to feel drowsy when not in motion for extended periods of time (this includes sitting in front of a computer) as the body assumes there's enough food in our society that we don't have to "hunt". The next logical step in the scheme of survival would be to preserve that state by hibernating. This would've made sense to our ancestors, but is problematic to our generation. So to combat this, we 'simulate' hunting by doing sport.

Not trying to go against what you just said; just want to add that I do go to the gym for (mostly) cardio. And my depression comes from something way different. Also that AriZona stuff is just tea (right?). Isn't that just water with a flavor.

Not trying to go against what you just said; just want to add that I do go to the gym for (mostly) cardio. And my depression comes from something way different. Also that AriZona stuff is just tea (right?). Isn't that just water with a flavor.

It probably has a 100 spoonfuls of sugar added to it.. .

Do something with no caffeine or very low in sugar

im addicted to virgil's black cherry cream soda but they're expensive and micro-brewed

By that logic monster is just water with flavor.
There is no such thing as 'just tea' in the food industry.
Drink water if you want healthy and toss your favor bullstuff out of the window.

Looks like I'm going assorted concentrated fruit juices.

how to overcome an addiction: remove all remnants of said item, quit cold turkey

It probably has a 100 spoonfuls of sugar added to it.. .
actually arizona iced tea tastes like stuff, there's like barely any sugar at all that i can taste
same with the fruit punch, it actually tastes watered down

There is no such thing as 'just tea' in the food industry.
Drink water if you want healthy.