Author Topic: [CHALLENGE] Run Blockland on extremely low specs  (Read 2687 times)

So, I am challenging BLF with the task of running Blockland on extremely low specs for the 2nd time. Here are the requirements:
OS: Windows XP (Bonus points if you manage to get blockland running on Windows 98).
CPU: 1Ghz (Bonus points if 800MHz or lower).
RAM: 512MB or lower.
You may also try using a PowerPC Mac. If you are using a PowerPC Mac, the version of Blockland must be lower than r1908 (PowerPC support officially dropped). However, you will receive bonus points if you manage to get the latest version of Blockland running on a PowerPC Mac.
go go go
Original thread: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=255314.0
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 05:24:21 PM by Mr Queeba »

Now this is cool. I actually have an old motherboard from the midlate-90's I beefed up. Back in the day it was pretty expensive I bet. It runs parallel (IDE) cable by hard drive, but has 2 ports for serial ATA. The original Hard drive was 32GB.

It's built for Windows XP, but I could probably run 7 Home Premium. Like I said tho, I beefed it up a bit and gave it a 250 GB serial ATA Hard drive, 2 GB of DDR1 RAM (Motherboard doesn't support DDR2, it's actually pretty old) It's got a Pentium 4 with them crappy embedded graphics (that were revolutionary at the time) "Intel Extreme Graphics"

Anyhoo, it runs Blockland pretty decent for the most part. Of course I have to turn down some settings and switch the reduce-render method up, and you can't really run more than 30K bricks before the real lag hits. It doesn't really help that I don't have any thermal paste so I am using 40% zinc oxide diaper rash cream "ass putty" (look it up) on the processor and heat sink. Ima go and get some pics of it and get an in-game vid for FPS testing

I win. This is our old desktop from the 90s.

600 Mhz processor (single core)
384 Mb RAM

It was quite playable, too.

(picture was taken a long time ago)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 06:12:13 PM by Greek2me »

I've run Blockland with 256 MB RAM and a single core 244 MHz CPU before
The game generally runs pretty well on anything

Somebody run this on Windows 98...

now run it on an hp prime

thats the glory of blockland

i dont win but intel pentium II 266 mhz dual core
sdram 256 mb 100mhz
scsi 8gb
Windows 2000 server

(pics are not from me but i have the same)

Time to make another visit to the computer junkyard... I'm gonna go find all the stufftiest old hardware that is completely incompatible with it's counterparts. I'm gonna slam it into a computer... ...MSDOS... Profit...

The torque game engine is technically compatible with an OS as low as windows 95. It won't support MS-DOS.

tge was made for the cyrix processors era. talk about OLD

Greek2Me please run dxdiag and click display. ;)

Also you did the same thing I did. Loaded the MOTE Mansion xD. It was decently laggy but not too terribly bad. Ill post the vid here soon, just finished it.

I have an old XP laptop where if you placed a brick you'd just crash