Author Topic: AdinX's mini Blockheed Martin C-130 Hercules  (Read 4160 times)

What's that?
It's a bird,
it's a plane
no really, it's a plane, look

INTRODUCING THE C-130 HERCULES

THE WORKHORSE OF THE AMERICAN MILITARY

FEEL THE PATRIOTISM

Now includes 200% more freedom!

Fancy plane lighting stuff!

Fancy windows n' stuff!

Totally NOT compensating for ANYTHING!

Now with landing gear!

And enough room to store all of your carrots tanks!
Caution: Blockheed Martin is not responsible for any accidents that occur due to overloading of the aircraft.

Please feel free to rate and provide constructive criticism. Also, if we have any AC-130 Spectre experts here on the forum, if they could point out what I'm missing from the aircraft, I'll sell you my soul be forever greatful.

To do list:
- Create an AC-130 Spectre variant (Circa 2000)
    - 2x 20mm M61 Vulcan Cannons
    - 1x 40mm L/60 Bofors Cannon
    - 1x 105mm M102 Howitzer
        - Event all the weapons to fire because I loving CAN
- Create a C-130 variant from Operation credible sport*
    - JATO system (Jet-assisted take off)
*the video features "fat albert," which is a C-130 that used to (decommissioned?) belong to the Blue Angels, a navy trick team as I like to think of them.
- add in cameras n' stuff, stuff you see on C-130s, but the smaller stuff that you wouldn't notice while in the process of building one.
- Event the lights to work in sequence with eachother
- Event the engines to catch fire when activated/"damaged"

It's worth mentioning that the plane is supported by zones black magic, to reduce brick count and save me some effort, so I don't have to have a bunch of invisible bricks all over it to keep it together.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 08:01:25 PM by AdinX »

You're missing the BIG ASS guns and the front looks too pointy but good job overall!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 10:48:29 PM by ThatRandomGuy »

You're missing the BIG ASS guns and the front looks too pointy but good job overall!
This is only the C-130, not the AC-130 Spectre.
I'll be working on the latter tomorrow, once I can hopefully get some more information and images to base the build off of.

The C-130 hercules is just a transport craft majority of the time. You're thinking of the AC-130 in general that has weapons on-board.

How many freedoms can you fit in the cargo hold?

This is only the C-130, not the AC-130 Spectre.
I'll be working on the latter tomorrow, once I can hopefully get some more information and images to base the build off of.

The C-130 hercules is just a transport craft majority of the time. You're thinking of the AC-130 in general that has weapons on-board.
Still though, the nose is too pointy and the tail fin looks too short. You did a good job but just some things that can be improved if you'd want too.

I'm definitely going to modify the nose a little bit tomorrow on the base models, I don't know that I can really modify the tail without having to hammer off everything that's there right now and start from scratch, so that may or may not happen depending on how badly I want to get this perfect lol

How many freedoms can you fit in the cargo hold?
exactly 27 freedoms. Any more and the plane will be overburdened with freedom.

Is there enough room for my Liberty, patriotic flag, NRA membership, guns, and bacon?

A lot of people have been asking about how much freedom this thing can carry
well the engineers at Blockheed Martin aren't really ALLOWED to give out that kind of classified information, but I've been given the green light to display these two three images-

That's a tanker car. With rails and soil.

Don't ask us how it fit inside, cause honestly nobody here at Blockheed Martin seems to know either.

-
I modified the OP, 2nd image includes the latest update to the C-130: a new nose cone (shorter + uniformally dark grey) as well as an american flag on the right side of the plane.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 08:02:19 PM by AdinX »

I really like all the body stuff & shiz, but the wings could have a different shape, as the top is flat compared to the bottom.

I really like all the body stuff & shiz, but the wings could have a different shape, as the top is flat compared to the bottom.

im p sure thats how its supposed to look

Please if those wings were flat it wouldnt fly,

As you can see its round.

Also the fuselage is a cylinder, not a cylinder that is flat on one side.

looks nice, but the whole thing needs to be scaled up. it's way too small

looks nice, but the whole thing needs to be scaled up. it's way too small
re-read the title, it's MINI. It's intended for mini empires.

edit- new pics! updates!

Major modifications between the C-130 and the AC-130 are as follows:
new, straightened wings in the front with a more gradual slope in the back
horizontal stabilizers moved further back
tail/rudder thinned out and narrowed
modified lights on the wings and rudder
added in minor details (guns, cameras, windows, etc)
evented all of the guns (and flares) to operate (And I know exactly where they hit ;) )
added in a fuel rod for mid-air refueling fun!

I definitely think you're right mahcar, I plan to modify the wings one last time tomorrow. I'm gonna slope them in the back, but that'll be difficult to do considering they're already angled. I'll figure it out.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 07:47:37 PM by AdinX »