Author Topic: Game Mode Cycle  (Read 6528 times)

This is very simple - it cycles between game modes.

Installation Instructions:

Note: You may skip step 2 if you have Support_Updater installed.

• First, install the mod to your Add-Ons folder.
  • Then, start a server using the GameMode_Cycle game mode. Then close Blockland.
  • Next, create a list of game mode names, one per line, in "config/server/GAME_MODE_LIST.txt". (create the file if necessary, and use underscores instead of spaces)
  • Finally, start the game mode cycle with the instructions below.

Running the Game Mode Cycle:

Start the game mode cycle with either the "Cycle" game mode in the Start Game menu or the "-gamemode cycle" flag on a dedicated server.

Advance to the next game mode manually with changeGameModeNext();.

Preferences:

You can change number of minigame rounds per game mode with $Pref::GameModeCycle::MiniGameRoundsPerGameMode or the number of minutes per game mode with $Pref::GameModeCycle::MinutesPerGameMode. Set to 0 to disable either one.

Note: There is no "shuffle" feature yet.

WARNING

Remember, this is a beta release. There will be bugs. Report all problems in this topic.

Download
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 03:57:12 PM by Greek2me »

Oh man this looks nice and clean compared to the crap I wrote a year or two ago for my server.
Keep up the good work.

There's not as much interest in this as I would have expected.

oh neat
will try the next time I play

Looks Great! The only thing is that I can not find its prefs in my file.

I would use this if I hosted stuff other than custom

I'd like to know how to use the build cycle on a dedi. And environment support for the build cycle and build voting.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 10:00:36 PM by MonkeyFunkyMonkey »

I'd like to know how to use the build cycle on a dedi. And environment support for the build cycle and build voting.

Build cycle is probably discontinued in favor of this. It's very easy to set up game modes with the environment and everything already packaged.

Build cycle is probably discontinued in favor of this. It's very easy to set up game modes with the environment and everything already packaged.
Voting would still be cool though

But gamemode changing requires clients to reconnect, doesn't it? With buildcycle, the save needs to be reloaded and reghosted, but otherwise no loading is necessarily on the clients' part. For this, the server has to restart, clients have to reconnect, as well as the build reloading and reghosting.

But gamemode changing requires clients to reconnect, doesn't it? With buildcycle, the save needs to be reloaded and reghosted, but otherwise no loading is necessarily on the clients' part. For this, the server has to restart, clients have to reconnect, as well as the build reloading and reghosting.

The advantage of this is that you can have different add-ons for every game mode, rather than enabling a million add-ons to account for every single build.

The advantage of this is that you can have different add-ons for every game mode, rather than enabling a million add-ons to account for every single build.
i use the same addons and colorset for all of my major builds because of this :)

Does this do Map-Cycles too?