What browser?

Internet Explorer
5 (6%)
Google Chrome
50 (60.2%)
Mozilla Firefox
28 (33.7%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Author Topic: Browser reccomendations  (Read 1972 times)

^^ ie is indeed better. sadly microsoft is going to kill it off and try increasing it's rep with their new browser on win10.

and also with chromium, it's totally open source and there's certain codecs it can't play right in the browser. plus chromium (on windows) is a nightly only deal and you gotta update it manually when there's a good new version or auto update. chromium also isn't stable 100% of the time.

opera is a good contender to this fight because now it runs chromium under the hood rather than what they had in the year 2007 or whatever they had when i used a browser. still wouldn't use opera on a daily basis though.

pale moon is a cool browser but i can't stand the old look (kill me, i like the new firefox look). yes it's 64 bit and it's based on firefox ESR. it's a long term support version of firefox that only updates for security updates only. no new features get added until the next ESR release comes out.

the reason i'm on waterfox is not because of the 64 bit label, which really doesn't do much other than add more ram to your internet browsing needs, but because of another technical limitation i found recently on stock firefox: audio routing doesn't work like it should.

basically the bug works like this: you're watching youtube or whatever and you decide to go listen on your headphones or some other device that isn't the one you're on. i use USB headphones on my pc and sometimes my laptop so i expect firefox to switch out to the headphones when i switch the default audio device. instead firefox will keep playing the audio through the old default until i reboot the browser or refresh the page.

i noticed it's totally fixed if you run a 64 bit version of firefox. totally weird, huh? the good news is that i've been following this bug for the longest time and someone finally is patching it as we speak. it might be in the new version of firefox that ships this month OR you can wait until the stock 64 bit versions of firefox are released in april of this year.

other than that, i love firefox and will keep using it until something better comes along (maybe chrome will be better? or chromium will have stable versions for windows?)

NINJA: holy stuff sorry for the long post and being the first on page 3. wanted to add on to my post from earlier ;).

IE being bad is a stereotype. Contrary to popular belief, it's actually quite fast.

IE11 beats all other popular browsers at the SunSpider JavaScript benchmark, hot startup time (about 98x faster than Chrome and 280x faster than Opera) and beats several browsers when it comes to memory usage and battery usage, so yes, it's actually quite fast

Only reason I switched from Firefox to chrome is because for whatever reason Firefox would lag for like 2 seconds when ever I went to a new page which then became worse and very annoying, but it's been a while so I might try Firefox again since all of the extra Google processes are getting annoying too

get firefox

I don't use chrome because...  ....it runs 4 processes in the task manager.
it runs one process for every add-on / plugin you have
for someone like me, this is literally the worst thing you could do

i use chrome
i like chrome
chrome is good

forget chrome, glorious firefox.

Glorious Firefox master race.
Very user-friendly, and is all about the client. Very fast, too.

google chrome is faster than firefox

you can get custom themes on any websites by using Stylish

And BTW, stylish isn't chrome exclusive.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 10:58:44 AM by 77x5ghost2 »

^^ If you are going for just speed and functionality alone, then chrome is for you.
And BTW, stylish isn't chrome exclusive.

Chromium is basically chrome without any of the google stuff slapped onto it, including the alleged tracking.

There's also Pale Moon which is an optimized version of Firefox, it's pretty nice.

I was completely unaware of all this extra tracking stuff with Chrome. I'm going to try Chromium.

Personally, I've tried Chrome, Firefox, and IE.

I've seemed to have the best experience with Chrome. I don't really care about Google tracking crap on me cause it's nothing interesting lol. But like if you're that concerned over Google tracking stuff with Chrome just use Chromium.

Firefox is my second pick. I used it for about a year and a half before Chrome came out, and it's pretty good.

IE is just slow.