I can't get my motherboard integrated audio to work.

Author Topic: I can't get my motherboard integrated audio to work.  (Read 1305 times)

I don't need it for speakers but my Audio card has no mic jack on it. The integrated audio controller on the motherboard does but it don't work at all for speakers or microphones. Could someone troubleshoot? (Iv tried looking in BIOS settings but I couldn't find anything.)

It would help by giving us your model number.

Did you download the drivers and stuff?

Have you tried hitting the motherboard with a jackhammer? It worked for me, You may need to adjust the jackhammer to your system though.

Have you tried hitting the motherboard with a jackhammer? It worked for me, You may need to adjust the jackhammer to your system though.
loving stop

if all else fails, install a 3rd party audio card

I did not need drivers for the motherboard audio, I didn't last time anyways. I only ever had to get drivers for the sound card and other components not built in.

I'm using this computer as temporary until I get a new one, still working on getting money. So please don't say stuff about it.

Dell Dimension 8400 with windows 7 and 4GB RAM.

I did not need drivers for the motherboard audio, I didn't last time anyways. I only ever had to get drivers for the sound card and other components not built in.

I'm using this computer as temporary until I get a new one, still working on getting money. So please don't say stuff about it.

Dell Dimension 8400 with windows 7 and 4GB RAM.
Let's download some drivers then, shall we?

Sure your case's audio headers are connected to the motherboard correctly?

what ports are you using for sound? the ones on the case or the ones directly on the motherboard

I would doubt that they weren't. It sounds like his comp is a pre-built, and unless he went in there and unplugged them they're probably fine.

okay, forget setting those up
OP iirc has a prebuilt so I highly doubt he's going to get any support for whatever motherboard he has, and also iirc his computer came with XP so I doubt he's going to get any support at this point

I doubt he's going to get any support at this point

Just stop please.

Just stop please.
1. He meant support from the company. With older stuff, companies stop supporting it to save money on training and the like.
2. I swear to god, if you haven't tried finding and installing drivers yet...

have you looked here yet