Author Topic: Stuck with crappy internet (AT&T), with cable (HD), and I can barely do anything  (Read 1473 times)

So, recently, we took a switch from Charter to AT&T UVerse, to try and get better prices on internet. Cable's fine, but internet is ludicrously slow.

First off, we're supposed to be paying for 12 mbps. That's close to DSL speeds, which is extremely terrible.

Problems with this:

• Videos buffer like crazy unless on 240p
  • Can't host mini servers with friends anymore
  • Downloads now take minutes to do
  • Uploads, which are a awful 0.79 mbps, take 20+ minutes for a SINGLE VIDEO to upload

He's paying for cable too, which I don't know if it gets included to the price, but he only watches like 6 of the shows available, which he puts on the DVR. He could friggin' torrent them or stream them if he REALLY needed to watch them.

Guess how much the cost is? $179.60. We're paying that much for turtle speed internet and cable that's almost close to unused.

What do I do?! I can't stay stuck with these speeds forever. He won't shut off his cell phone bill, because he literally lives on it. He should just shut off cable, and just go to a company, and buy ONLY internet.

Need some loving help, getting tired of this

notify him that this is 2015 and nobody should have to endure this ridiculous bullpoopy

i download at 300kb/s (im not sure if its kbs or kb/s ive never understood the difference). the provider i have is the only provider available since i live deep in the woods

« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 11:53:21 PM by Trogtor »

one time i was at some mountain lodge and it was terrible, while i was in a skype call if i opened or refreshed a webpage my internet connection would just drop for a minute and come back

i don't remember the speedtest i took, i think it was around 100kb/s or something, i feel for you even though i only had to deal with it for a weekend

i got uverse internet just a few days ago, can't say i'm too happy about it. i have to pause a 720p video for about 10 seconds, and then it won't buffer. netflix is fine. i haven't tried online gaming yet.

hahahahahaha
i just did a speedtest
ping 184ms
1.52 mbps dl
0.68 mbps

hahahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHA
HA

i'm done

It worsened.
It worsened a lot.

Kill me.

My family switched from charter because internet kept dropping out to uverse and it also sucks went from 65 mbp speeds to 5 mpb speeds :(

bump

this is what i normally get on my ipod touch 4g

what is good internet how i get it

I live in the Metro Atlanta area, AKA not rural, yet we have to pay $30-35 for 3 mbps.

Gee, Comcast really doesn't give  a stuff about their customers, I sincerely hope that their company breaks down because I am tired of their stuffty service with their stuffty speeds for stuffty prices.

Why does America have to be so behind in everything...

I'm sorry for your loss

why the forget is uverse so slow for y'all

I mean its not great
but I live in a ghetto and I can stream 1080p while downloading a game at 2MBs