Author Topic: am I the only one who thinks buying a chromebook is a bad idea  (Read 2273 times)

who don't want the complexity of linux
Ubuntu.
Xubuntu.
Lubuntu.
Linux Mint.
Manjaro.

All of these are Linux based. None of them are complex or hard to understand in any way.

the actual computers are stuff. im not talking specs, im talking about the computers. and most new laptops too. seriously? this new sleek look isnt making your company look better.

what the forget? THE MOUSEPAD IS ONE PIECE? literally what the forget, so i have to guess where the actual button is under the piece to press it? and those mousepads are so awful, anyway. any mousepad that is either 1 entire piece is utter stuff. i dont loving care if "1 BUTTON IS SIMPLE YET SO INNOVATIVE, THIS IS THE GREATEST INVENTION EVER" because thats loving a crap statement. THOSE GOD DAMN MOUSEPADS SUCK ASS. PERIOD.
Actually it's nice to have a computer that doesn't look like it's stuck in the 1990's 2000's, the sleek design gives it a nice premium feel.

Also, are you autistic? It doesn't take a genius to figure out that the 2 different corners are different buttons.

My school has Chromebooks.

I loving despise whenever we have to use them.
Can you pls explain.

My school has Chromebooks.

I loving despise whenever we have to use them.
you can borrow my machete.

Also, are you autistic? It doesn't take a genius to figure out that the 2 different corners are different buttons.
although that seems like a warranted response, the mousepiece actually is only one piece. you have to alt-click to right click. it's awkward, to say the least. it's also awkward because the alt-click doesn't work with tap to click so you actually have to click in the piece whenever you right click.

the chromebooks are fine but they feel really flimsy, it's kinda annoying. i wish they had just made it more compact cus it feels like it's made out of legos

It's not very obvious, you'd have to mess around with it for a while and "accidently" find out about it.

it's for schools that need to buy laptops en masse
or if you're really poor/cheap but want a laptop

they're actually very good computers for the price

I'd use a chromebook, To use as a axe to try and cut down a tree.

SAVE THE TREES MAN!!

I'd use a chromebook, To use as a axe to try and cut down a tree.

SAVE THE TREES MAN!!
cut down a buckeye first.

-snip-
I don't see a problem with doing a two finger tap for right click, there is no "you have to do an alt-click"

i'd buy a chromebook just to install linux on it..

its not 1 button, stop talking stuff before doing research
my laptop's mousepad is the same, the two mouse buttons are there, you just have to click the corners
its not loving rocket science
no stuff, maybe if you read what i said before hand
i bet you eat one button mousepads for breakfase

although that seems like a warranted response, the mousepiece actually is only one piece. you have to alt-click to right click. it's awkward, to say the least. it's also awkward because the alt-click doesn't work with tap to click so you actually have to click in the piece whenever you right click.
That seems really stupid, considering that from the images shown above, they removed the Menu Key, and if you have to press a key to right-click, it'd be a lot easier to use that, than to have to use the mouse-button and the Alt key.

Also seems weird that they'd remove the Menu Key (plus any Function key the laptop may have had, or a Windows key replacement), solely to make the Alt and Ctrl keys wider.

My school could have saved a ton of money if they had gotten the freshmen $200 Chromebooks instead of $1000 Macbooks, just saying!

That seems really stupid
It's because it's not true
they removed the Menu Key, and if you have to press a key to right-click, it'd be a lot easier to use that, than to have to use the mouse-button and the Alt key.
Also seems weird that they'd remove the Menu Key (plus any Function key the laptop may have had, or a Windows key replacement), solely to make the Alt and Ctrl keys wider.
You can see all of the functions they keyboard can do by hitting ctrl+alt+/
There's not really a reason for another key when you can do everything with the available keys.
You can plug in your own keyboard anyway if you REALLY LIKE useless keys.