Hatsune Miku (and other vocaloid) megathread - Zealot wanted it back

Author Topic: Hatsune Miku (and other vocaloid) megathread - Zealot wanted it back  (Read 1835 times)

My previous thread was closed because I didn't feel qualified to make a proper vocaloid thread. But the BBcode for this has been sitting in my notepad folder for long enough, so forget it.

(and other Vocaloid)

What the forget is this?
This is a thread for anyone with remote-to-fanboyistic interest in Hatsune Miku and other forms of vocaloid. This thread focuses less on the software itself and more on the songs and characters from the software. I might make a separate vocaloid software thread in the future, but for now this is all I have.

Can you tell me about the software anyway?
Vocaloid is developed and distributed by Yamaha. While Yamaha develops the software, the voice banks used to actually run the software are provided by third party companies such as Crypton future media. The software uses these voice banks to synthesize pitch and words using autotune.

Vocaloid characters

Hatsune Miku
love: Female
Height: 5' 2"
Weight: 92.4lbs
Noteworthy songs: The World is Mine, The Singing Passion of Hatsune Miku, Freely Tomorrow
Description: Miku is easily considered the most popular vocaloid of all time. She was the first vocaloid developed by Crypton future media, she's the only vocaloid I know of who has regular live concerts, and she has more songs than any other vocaloid to date. Miku was designed with the concept of an android in the near future when songs are long-forgotten. She was also gonna be the first multilingual vocaloid, but that was scrapped and later became Megurine Luka.

Kagamine Rin & Len
love: Female (Rin), Male (Len)
Height: 5' 0" (Rin), 5' 1.4" (Len)
Weight: 94.79lbs (Rin), 103lbs (Len)
Noteworthy songs: Love/Hate, Meltdown (Rin), Soundless Voice (Len)
Description: Rin and Len were the second vocaloids released by Crypton. While fans have viewed them as siblings and/or lovers, they're supposed to be represented as one personality represented by two people; which is a lot more appropriate considering how their voice banks were recorded from the same person.

Megurine Luka
Height: 5' 4"
Weight: 99lbs
Noteworthy songs: Luka Luka*Night Fever, Blackjack, Glasses
Description: Luka was the first multilingual vocaloid developed by Crypton. Not only does she have voice banks in both English and Japanese, but her name literally translates to "songs to all around the world as scent spreads." Originally Hatsune Miku was gonna be bilingual, but plans changed and eventually Luka was formed.

KAITO
love: Male
Height: ~5' 8"
Noteworthy songs: Cantarella, Thousand Year Solo, Crescent Moon
Description:
KAITO is pretty uninteresting. He was one of the first vocaloids ever released and is one of the most popular voice banks used, but is considered a failure by Crypton.

MEIKO
Height: ~5' 8"
Noteworthy songs: Stay with me, Nostalogic, Break it Break it
Description
N/A

If you can write a better description for any of the above, or if you want to add other vocaloid to the list:
Code: [Select]
[img height=355]Pic of Vocaloid[/img]
[size=16pt]Name of Vocaloid[/size]
[b]love[/b]: You shouldn't have to guess anything
[b]Age[/b]: Make your best guess if none specified
[b]Height[/b]: Compare to other Vocaloids and make your best guess if none specified
[b]Weight[/b]: Leave blank if none specified
[b]Noteworthy songs[/b]: Popular songs from Vocaloid alone
[b]Description[/b]

Vocaloid listeners of the forum
L's & D's
Favorite vocaloid: All of Crypton
Favorite songs: Odds & Ends, Wintry Winds, Two Faced Lovers, Break it Break it

Spartan923
Favorite vocaloid: GUMI
Favorite songs: Ten Faces, Love Love Nightmare, Shoujo Misui

GhostStar/Starkiller/Miku³
favorite vocaloid: Hatsune Miku
favorite songs: Glass wall, reincarnation ascensation, cybernetic insane love girl, I=Fantasy, double lariat

VerticalHorizon
Favorite vocaloid: Anyone female and Crypton
Favorite songs: Pretty much everything from Project Diva

This thread is a constant WIP. If I'm missing stuff, PM me about it.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 02:09:21 AM by the hacker »

I have Project Diva F and Project Diva F 2nd on Vita, they are now two of my favorite games.

Favorite Vocaloid(s): All of them except Len and Kaito pretty much.
Favorite songs (Way too many to count, but to name a few): Ura-omote Lovers; Close and Open, Demons and the Dead; This is the Happiness and Peace of Mind Committee; Miracle Paint; Luka Luka Night Fever; Pinky Swear; Clover Club; Sadistic.Music∞Factory; Meltdown; Rolling Girl; Weekender Girl, Freely Tomorrow; Anything by wowaka and supercell.

Wait, did Yamaha actually give weight descriptions to the vocaloids? Or is that the artists? Or just some people on the net thought it looked about right and slapped it on there?

Thread to-do list
  • Expand the list of vocaloids beyond Crypton
  • Improve and build on everyone's description

I've never heard a vocaloid song that I liked.

I've never heard a vocaloid song that I liked.
I've never seen anything with anime that I liked

Keep your stuff throwing out of my thread.

I wanna get this so bad. anywhere i can get it?

I wanna get this so bad. anywhere i can get it?
Project Diva F
Project Diva F 2nd
Assuming you're referring to the rhythm games.

Jamming that Kagerou Daze on the way to work, ローリンガール by wowaka at work.

they should do one with something that isn't a anime girl

they should do one with something that isn't a anime girl

"I wish someone would invent grilled cheese sandwiches without bread."

"I wish someone would invent grilled cheese sandwiches without bread."
yeah, Instead of bread, how about pieces of meat?

yeah, Instead of bread, how about pieces of meat?

Because then it wouldn't a grilled cheese anymore. Besides, while they are still anime themed, there are male Vocaloids you know.

I've never seen anything with anime that I liked

This sounds hostile.

Keep your stuff throwing out of my thread.

My poo lands wherever I want.