Author Topic: possible new server crash exploit?  (Read 4533 times)

Probably a RAM issue related to the new update.

happened the very second this player joined.

happened the very second this player joined.
Might be what tipped the scale, each player seems to be adding ~4x RAM than usual from what others have told me and based on my own observations.

Might be what tipped the scale, each player seems to be adding ~4x RAM than usual from what others have told me and based on my own observations.

server was non-dedicated, my computer has 4gb of ram, i think i had about 7 people playing at the time.

server was non-dedicated, my computer has 4gb of ram, i think i had about 7 people playing at the time.
I'm just speculating, not exactly sure why you're crashing.  But Joe is on my server now and it's fine.

based on what Joe Cool did at my server I highly doubt he will do anything malicious, even though he was kinda rude
I'd say this

yeah that's probably the reason.

I don't think so.  Blockland is supposed to use like ~1.3gb ram max per process (badspot said the exact amount some time ago), so I think when it's pushed over that, it crashes.

reinstall microsoft visual c++ redistributable and reproduce the error again

Yeah, I got this too. Badspot had joined my server, and about several minutes later, I got a runtime error.

Yeah, I got this too. Badspot had joined my server, and about several minutes later, I got a runtime error.
this is probably just pure coincidence