Studies Show that Japan's Population is Slowly Declining

Author Topic: Studies Show that Japan's Population is Slowly Declining  (Read 2153 times)

I was richarding around on Swfchan one day when I looked into some thread that shows data of Japan's demographic. Then I remembered an article that I read a month ago on my local news. Upon looking further, I read another article and took a look at these two reports (Report 1 and Report 2).

I might be years late on this subject, but all I can say at this point is "yep." Even though I like Japan's technological advances (excluding the useless ones) and their top priority of safety, I hate some of its pop culture and the research that's produced there. Those peace signs piss me off, and some of the research mimics the sounds in hentai. I'd like to give more reasons, but I can't think of them at the top of my head.

In short: I realized this just now, I still can't fully stand their culture, babble babble babble, etc.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 05:33:31 AM by Master Shadow Phoenix »

I was richarding around on Swfchan one day when I looked into some thread that shows data of Japan's demographic. Then I remembered an article that I read a month ago on my local news. Upon looking further, I read another article and took a look at these two reports (Report 1 and Report 2).

I might be years late on this subject, but all I can say at this point is "yep." Even though I like Japan's technological advances (excluding the useless ones) and their top priority of safety, I hate some of its pop culture and the research that's produced there. Those peace signs piss me off, and some of the research mimics the sounds in hentai. I'd like to give more reasons, but I can't think of them at the top of my head.

In short: Japanese media is playing a major role in Japan's population decline. The rest seem minor.
I wish i could understand a word of this babble.

anime was a mistake. ending it will save japan

In short: Japanese media is playing a major role in Japan's population decline. The rest seem minor.

Lol, no. You clearly have no understanding of Japanese culture whatsoever.
The major cause of Japan's declining population is their work ethic and the way the older generations have been bringing up their children. In most cases a male child in Japan will be brought up with extraordinary emphasis put on academic studies (females as well but it doesn't affect them in the same way). They are typically railroaded into a specific career path and are taught to do nothing but work towards that occupation, the end result is an individual who knows so little else besides working that they actually lack pretty much anything resembling a love drive. They wake up, go to work, come home, eat and sleep, not because they have no other choice but because they don't know how to live any other way.
This complete lack of any love drive whatsoever leads to couples never conceiving a single child. Many Japanese women are known to be not so much dissatisfied with their partners but dissatisfied with their love lives, this is also a major reason why marriages between Japanese women and foreign men have become so much more common over the past decade(s)

Since my college classes started, my brain can't think of much else other than doing nothing, reading, and posting stupid rants.

Lol, no. You clearly have no understanding of Japanese culture whatsoever.
The major cause of Japan's declining population is their work ethic and the way the older generations have been bringing up their children. In most cases a male child in Japan will be brought up with extraordinary emphasis put on academic studies (females as well but it doesn't affect them in the same way). They are typically railroaded into a specific career path and are taught to do nothing but work towards that occupation, the end result is an individual who knows so little else besides working that they actually lack pretty much anything resembling a love drive. They wake up, go to work, come home, eat and sleep, not because they have no other choice but because they don't know how to live any other way.
This complete lack of any love drive whatsoever leads to couples never conceiving a single child. Many Japanese women are known to be not so much dissatisfied with their partners but dissatisfied with their love lives, this is also a major reason why marriages between Japanese women and foreign men have become so much more common over the past decade(s)
At this point, I'm going to have to make a lot of edits on the OP due to me not having clear thoughts before posting. In addition, I'd like to see some of the thoughts that you guys have. Enlighten me with information, forums.

anime was a mistake. ending it will save japan

And hopefully having that avatar will kill you off quicker.
No but really, the OP is a mess. I just read the title which pretty much sums up what I assume hes getting at?

The quality of living is high in Japan, due to a lack of poverty in most major urban areas. Look at Tokyo or Kyoto. Most everyone, save for maybe a few people, live in middle class housing. Slums and low-income areas (excluding rural areas), for all intents and purposes, basically don't exist in Japan. As a result, the high cost of living is a factor in most people's decision on whether or not to have children. This is also probably combined with the fact that the government isn't providing any sort of incentive for people to have more children, so to the Japanese, it's worth saving the extra money.

You cannot determinably rule out media's role in the situation, however it isn't nesssisarily only Japanese media. There is in fact a longstanding trend of demasculating foreign men through the use of Western media, while at the same time promoting the exoticism of their cultures women, no doubt related to western being a very male-centric society to begin with, in order to promote their own agenda, the innacurate slogans "we have bigger richards and their ladies prefer us for it" are very prevalent even through modern media, and likely has part to do with the psychology of those in this situation. And also ironic when you consider ancient western society used to idealize the smaller phallus, and thus depictions of asian men with enormous dongs were very common in older mstar fishcripts

that's what happens when you turn your population into automatons
and basement dwellers

yeah... i don't really get what he is saying
he first goes off saying japan's population is dying
then he goes on a rant saying how he hates japanese culture
and then he goes like JAPANESE CULTURE IS KILLING EVERYBODY AAAAAHHH
what

edit:
so i read the first report that he linked (well i really just skimmed it) and basically what is says is anime and all that media stuff is causing the population  to not reproduce
i dont know about you
but thats like saying
the television show spongebob squarepants influences kids to be dipstuffs criminals when they grow up
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 08:53:44 AM by Quote Story »

If I can recall Self Delete is another factor of the population decreasing, there's tons of stress there right?

If I can recall Self Delete is another factor of the population decreasing, there's tons of stress there right?

Yeah, Self Delete is common among workers in the technology sector. A good portion of factories in Asia have had to construct Self Delete nets to prevent workers from jumping to their deaths from the factory roof.

wait, it's not a good thing that it's declining? our world is overpopulated by a crapton of people; this should be celebrated not punished

wait, it's not a good thing that it's declining? our world is overpopulated by a crapton of people; this should be celebrated not punished
Please go to a world geography class before you say 'Lol this small country dying out will solve all our problems!'
It is not like that. At all. The main reason world population is so large/still increasing is because of countries such as India and possibly China.

In short: I realized this just now, I still can't fully stand their culture, babble babble babble, etc.

Hate an entire culture based on the media. GG

It's like hating the US because it has bad TV shows.