Poll

Server Goals

New trailer
Server Speed (F.P.S)
Newer photos
Donating V.I.P Treatment

Author Topic: → Alien Block SHUTDOWN ←  (Read 24015 times)

Dude just ignore them. This in my opinion is a great server and everytime I go on I look for it. Brush it off and realize that opinions are less significant than fact.

and realize that opinions are less significant than fact.
This in my opinion is a great server
where are you going with this???

where are you going with this???
Tbh I have no idea. I was just trying to be motivational.

i'm not trying to be an ass but if you can't take other people being asses you shouldn't post forum topics for your server

opinions are less significant than fact.

You are never going to improve your product by shutting down criticism and opinions, even if negative. The trick is that any and all differing opinions of your product will allow you to tweak and temper it to become a more polished and finished product based on how people view your product and what they feel should be changed. A server is no different.

When you are advertising a server, you are "selling" your server as a product to players, who are your customers. The tradeoff of them liking and playing your server is your product becoming noticed and well-received, and the personal achievement that comes from that. Everyone will tell you that the beginning draft and the end product will be extremely, if not completely different from each other. This is because when you introduce your server to the community with intentions to grow and modify your server, how your playerbase experienced your server will tell you what needs to be changed, polished or removed.

You aren't stupid or a bad person for wanting to keep your product a certain way, but you have to realize that a group of players know how to have more fun on your server than you do. Criticism is priceless and ignoring it is only detrimental.

Also, I'm not saying you should implement all ideas and criticisms, just open your ears and eyes and listen to what your small community has to tell you. There's a lot of knowledge they are willing to share with you not because they think your server is bad, but because it has the potential to be a heck of a lot better.

Shut Down till' May due to amount of hatred the game has gotten. Will return this School Summer. (Possibly)

I agree that there was some posts here that qualify as straight up harassment, but there's also been a lot of constructive criticism that was flat-out ignored. A server won't survive if it undermines it's playerbase by telling them their opinions don't matter. It also helps to have thicker skin when hosting a server. There will be players who are problems. Knowing how to effectively deal with these problems without opening the drama wound more is also another trait that helps a server survive.

Tbh I have no idea. I was just trying to be motivational.

Being motivational is good, but it also helps to be honest and realistic sometimes. The truth hurts, and being told your server that you spent time and energy into making isn't good really hurts. Be tactful when giving criticism, and articulate what you mean. If you want to help make the server better, don't be afraid to say something that might be too critical.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 01:20:15 PM by IkeTheGeneric »

Dude just ignore them. This in my opinion is a great server and everytime I go on I look for it. Brush it off and realize that opinions are less significant than fact.

I'm just gonna be done with his crap for a while. I can't handle blockland any more. When I bought blockland in 2007 I though it was going to be a fun happy peaceful place. Instead, it's about hatred and negativity towards one another. This isn't just about my forum or me, but everyone else...I need to take a break. Goodbye blockland. This is my last post for a while...

User was banned for this post
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 01:40:29 PM by Badspot »

I think I just shattered.

You got one drama and a couple of people hating on you. That totally means the entire community rests upon the ideals of harassing others for enjoyment. 10/10 logic. Man up and face the fact that not everyone's going to be rainbows and daisy's to you.

I'm just gonna be done with his crap for a while. I can't handle blockland any more. When I bought blockland in 2007 I though it was going to be a fun happy peaceful place. Instead, it's about hatred and negativity towards one another. This isn't just about my forum or me, but everyone else...I need to take a break. Goodbye blockland. This is my last post for a while...
rip

my name is not important
what is important is what i'm going to do