Seriously, how come no one thought of this idea. Mario + Speedkart.

Author Topic: Seriously, how come no one thought of this idea. Mario + Speedkart.  (Read 1410 times)

Why has no one got some Mario weapons/items, and then mixed them with speedkart?
like, really?!

no one does it because it really doesn't work too well.
mariokart is designed for racing with the use of items.

blockland isn't, and that creates a huge divide.

it's not that we haven't had the idea, it's just most of us can't do it/don't want to do it/don't have the time to do it/have something better to do.

no one does it because it really doesn't work too well.
mariokart is designed for racing with the use of items.

blockland isn't, and that creates a huge divide.

it's not that we haven't had the idea, it's just most of us can't do it/don't want to do it/don't have the time to do it/have something better to do.

But there was speedkart with guns hosted by apak, that was kinda fun.
So why not Mario items?
It could be fun, throwing shells at players ahead.... :]

Tezuni made one with items, I'm sure, but it didn't last that long.

Well I mean there is just plain speedkart, but you meaning like mario models? But this actually seems like a pretty good idea

I have seen it before, he even had item boxes that worked like in the game.
I miss it a lot.

I have a friend who did this. He used items that already existed like the lemon bomb. It even had ai. He doesn't really play bl that often anymore though.

I remember Bushido had some speedkart-like gamemode. You'd spawn, everyone rushes to get a kart to race with. Then the clock counts down, and then a race begins.. Then there were like, oil slicks, and rockets IIRC that you could use against each other. It worked well because the accel on his karts were good I think. Even had a lap system going.

Because speedkart alone is terrible. Adding items won't improve anything as long as the same vehicle physics are still around.

I remember Bushido had some speedkart-like gamemode. You'd spawn, everyone rushes to get a kart to race with. Then the clock counts down, and then a race begins.. Then there were like, oil slicks, and rockets IIRC that you could use against each other. It worked well because the accel on his karts were good I think. Even had a lap system going.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_tlDLyRK68
if only

it's just difficult to do some of that stuff in blockland. not impossible, just difficult.

Why has no one got some Mario weapons/items, and then mixed them with speedkart?
like, really?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_tlDLyRK68

I actually have an item box system and a lap + checkpoint system lying around on my harddrive.
I should go finish those already.

I've made this possible and had a gamemode ready.
I was working on it with Filipe but we ended up fighting over something.
I never got around to releasing it and I probably won't anytime in the future.

Tezuni made one with items, I'm sure, but it didn't last that long.

And so did Bushido, and Alphadin, and Marble Man..