Rain particles are glitching with zone bricks

Author Topic: Rain particles are glitching with zone bricks  (Read 1533 times)

Well, I set the environment to the rain skybox, and I noticed that the rain particles land on top of the zone bricks, rather than going through them. I didn't mess with its events or anything, and I just wanted to know if there is a way to fix it.

not sure that's a glitch, as it seems like rain should collide with terrain/water
are the zone bricks unrendered, unraycasted, and uncollided?

Rain collides with zonebricks because they're made like water bricks iirc

I don't think there's a way to turn it off but don't quote me on that

Rain collides with zonebricks because they're made like water bricks iirc

I don't think there's a way to turn it off but don't quote me on that
Yeah, something along these lines. I think ZBs have this effect on default

are the zone bricks unrendered, unraycasted, and uncollided?

yeah, forgot to mention that

this is a result of how zone bricks work

i don't remember if it's just because it has the water brick flag or w/e or because they create a physical zone but regardless it's not something you can fix while still using zone bricks

this is a result of how zone bricks work

i don't remember if it's just because it has the water brick flag or w/e or because they create a physical zone but regardless it's not something you can fix while still using zone bricks
Actually I think in zone-events there is an event to make something a zone/not a zone.
If you try making the brick not a zone with those events that might fix it.

zone bricks automatically create a physical zone object and i'm pretty sure that you can't remove it with events, just make it, but i'm not sure. not even completely certain if the physical zone is the reason for this happening

an easy test would be to place a modter brick (which is set to act like a water brick, but doesn't make a physical zone) and see if rain passes through it. i don't believe it does.

an easy test would be to place a modter brick (which is set to act like a water brick, but doesn't make a physical zone) and see if rain passes through it. i don't believe it does.
yeah I remember that it passes through on modter bricks
but speaking of which, would it be possible to make it so it does do that? or would it on ramps stop "mid-air"?

zone bricks automatically create a physical zone object and i'm pretty sure that you can't remove it with events, just make it, but i'm not sure. not even completely certain if the physical zone is the reason for this happening

i thought it did

water does go through modterrain