While on a server, sound bugs out, shortly follow by a crash.

Author Topic: While on a server, sound bugs out, shortly follow by a crash.  (Read 3511 times)

http://pastebin.com/qzLSMzNb Console.

So i launch blockland and can join servers fine, but after a few minutes of playing, my sound will crash. If any sound was playing as it crashes, it'll repeat the sound over and over sort of like when you crash in a source engine game. if not, there'll be no more sound. But the game will still play fine until i alt-tab or until it feels like dying.

This happens every time, on every server.
I have uninstalled blockland and reinstalled it, still persists.

Dunno if the bug happens on just the menu, haven't tested it. most likely will though.
I have also tried not using steam overlay, still happens.

This has occurred as an OpenAL error with another user, try updating your sound drivers and see if the problem persists.

This has occurred as an OpenAL error with another user, try updating your sound drivers and see if the problem persists.

I updated my sound drivers yesterday, didn't help.
Today i tried replacing the openAL DLL in the blockland folder with this http://hammerwatch.com/forum/index.php?topic=1755.msg2888#msg2888

don't ask me why, i don't know what i'm doing.
worked for a good bit, but then broke again :(

or maybe it made no difference and it just took longer to break.
don't hit me i'm clueless

Still haven't been able to fix this ;(

nal has the same problem and...

I updated my sound drivers yesterday, didn't help.
Today i tried replacing the openAL DLL in the blockland folder with this http://hammerwatch.com/forum/index.php?topic=1755.msg2888#msg2888

don't ask me why, i don't know what i'm doing.
worked for a good bit, but then broke again :(
.. had actually tried this with the same outcome

actually sorry, i remember he actually just deleted openal and let it rewrite itself, but again it was only the same short relief

Blockland doesn't seem to be having fun with specific computers. Can we have exact specification of the computer(s) where this error occurs so that a list of hardware that may or may not work properly can be created?

Blockland doesn't seem to be having fun with specific computers. Can we have exact specification of the computer(s) where this error occurs so that a list of hardware that may or may not work properly can be created?

Sure, i can put my specs here.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard: Asus Z87-Pro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
Storage: Crucial M4 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Superclocked ACX Video Card

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, 64 bit. But two weeks ago i upgraded to Windows 8.1, i don't recall this happening immediately after upgrading, but about 5 days ago after not playing for a good while.

yo this is pretty stupid, but the issue was with windowed fullscreen apparently.
set to fullscreen, haven't had an issue yet.

if this continues to work for the next 15 minutes, i'll set to windowed fullscreen and see if it really is the issue.

yo this is pretty stupid, but the issue was with windowed fullscreen apparently.
set to fullscreen, haven't had an issue yet.

if this continues to work for the next 15 minutes, i'll set to windowed fullscreen and see if it really is the issue.

yea borderless windowed can do goofy things sometimes
i remenber it bugging out my blockland before, and causin crashes

i dont even know what's happening, after switching back to borderless windowed its now magically working against.
but now alt-tabbing is always crashing after playing for more than 3-5 minutes.

nvm, everything i do will crash if i alt tab. windowed, fullscreen, borderless.
but only after having the game on for a bit

If you are in fact on Windows 8 then I believe that to be the exact problem, as Windows 8 has had issues with OpenAL. I believe someone else had Windows 8 as well while having the same issue.
Mind digging in your device manager for your sound card as well?

If you are in fact on Windows 8 then I believe that to be the exact problem, as Windows 8 has had issues with OpenAL. I believe someone else had Windows 8 as well while having the same issue.
Mind digging in your device manager for your sound card as well?

I'm using the on-board sound from the Z87-Pro

Realtek® ALC1150 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
- Supports : Jack-detection, Multi-streaming, Front Panel Jack-retasking
- High quality 112 dB SNR stereo playback output (Line-out at rear) and 104 dB SNR recording input (Line-in)
Audio Feature :
- Absolute Pitch 192kHz/ 24-bit True BD Lossless Sound
- DTS Ultra PC II
- DTS Connect
- Optical S/PDIF out port(s) at back panel
- BD Audio Layer Content Protection

^ the information i found regarding it.

So it seems that OpenAL isn't even causing the crashes as far as i can tell. I've had my sound set to None instead of OpenAL and the game still experiences the same crashing on alt-tab.