Cheating to be at the top of the server list

Author Topic: Cheating to be at the top of the server list  (Read 5541 times)

I don't often see this, but I'm sick of it.  Is there anything we can do to players who are starting multiple clients and joining the same server to get it to the top of the list?  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I read somewhere that it can get your ID revoked?
That seems really unfair to servers that actually have cool things to offer, or a good community.  I don't have proof on this part, but it was nothing but an empty map with a few vehicles spawned. 

Here's the basic proof:

Thoughts?

yeah thats loving handicapped, if the server was any good the players would join themselves.

yeah thats loving handicapped, if the server was any good the players would join themselves.

I dont know why anyone would join him now, after hes changed the title of his server.

I dont know why anyone would join him now, after hes changed the title of his server.

>mondayland
10/10

I don't quite understand this. What does "to be at the top of the server list" mean and why was he trying to do so?

I don't quite understand this. What does "to be at the top of the server list" mean and why was he trying to do so?

Being at the top of the servers list means that players will join you just because your server is popular.  Hes "cheating" by just having himself join multiple times, to seem popular, while other good servers are trying to be popular but being washed out by servers like that. 

here's hoping he gets blacklisted from the master server.
/support

what is the server list sorted by default?
obviously it has to be at least partly by players, but what else?

I don't think its sorted by anything default, but your initial reaction would be "where is everyone?"

By default, it sorts in the way you receive the server list. Then you can manually sort by name, ping, dedicated, passworded, players, gamemode and I think that's it.

cavik has done it before as well

the name A1 shows up at the top of the alphabetical playlist too; coincidence???

the name A1 shows up at the top of the alphabetical playlist too; coincidence???
However, 1A will show up higher