Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1243185 times)

"I'll see if I can't chase this guy off."

Ellie fires two AAMs at the last Tukreb and disengages.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 11:48:04 PM by Operator¹ »

Gus looks around his room in annoyance. Being strapped to a bed for two days with nothing to do but watch garbage NAUC soap operas has taken his toll on his mental health. He slowly gets out of bed, careful not to bust his stitches, unhooks his IV and walks to the door. Grabbing a more suitable t-shirt and slacks from the shelf, he peers through the window into the hall. When no nurses are in sight, he opens the door quietly and strolls out, making his way towards the barracks.

Yui moves to get out of the way of Xiaomei's shockwave missile.

"You wanna learn how to help out in here? I could find you something to do. Maybe you'd-"

She trails off as she notices Eremit walking in. "Hey, this is your plane, yeah?" she calls. "It's done, come look it over."
He stops in the doorway and starts walking over.

Cualli glances at the robot and adds, in a tone that only he and Jaakko can hear, "Always good to check with the pilots ahead of time so they don't bitch at you at the last minute."
: Maybe I would what?

: Maybe I would what?
Cualli stops to try to remember what she was saying earlier. "Oh. I was saying that maybe you'd take well to it." She pauses again. "It's a worthy purpose or whatever. And they're always bringing those planes back broken; they aren't gonna fix themselves."

She flops a dog's ear. "Obviously," she adds.

Talko's ear spazzes. It's hard to flop the ears of dogs who's ears stand on end and don't flop well. The dogs are still transfixed to Cualli with the attention they are getting.

Jaakko waves to Eremit.

"Hello," he calls.

"Affirmative. Clearing out."

Faw pulls up and away from the VTOLs and directs his attention towards the last remaining Tukreb. He fires a burst of flak at it.

Walter, about to laugh again at how easy things are is cut short by the bullets striking his intake and shaking the airframe violently and Walter responding with a short spew of curses after he has surveyed  the damage

"Alright. Starboard Engine is out, that means I'm out to."

He cuts power to the engine that is alite and deploys 6 chaff

"Making an emergency landing in the facility right now."

He tips the shikra into a steep dive in an attempt to quell the engine fire, and then level out early to compensate for the lost engine power.

The radar warning receiver lights up. Lorens sees he's being spiked, but he's not sure who sent the incoming fox.

"Dammit, that's another inbound fox! Snowman, defending!" The Falcon puts out two strings of chaff to trash the missiles and pulls into another evasive loop.

Mission Theme

"Affirmative. Clearing out."

Faw pulls up and away from the VTOLs and directs his attention towards the last remaining Tukreb. He fires a burst of flak at it.
Flak Cannon accuracy 50
Experience provides bonus of 2
Gun range provides no bonus or penalty
Test taken at 52
Roll: 91 - failure by >1 degree
Result: Miss

The Flak doesn't come close.

"I'll see if I can't chase this guy off."

Ellie fires two AAMs at the last Tukreb and disengages.
Tukreb base EV 75
Experience provides bonus of 6
AAM 1 provides penalty of 35
AAM 2 provides penalty of 35
Test taken at 11
Roll: 22 - failure
Test failed

Ellie does more than chase the guy off, and straight up kills him.

Walter, about to laugh again at how easy things are is cut short by the bullets striking his intake and shaking the airframe violently and Walter responding with a short spew of curses after he has surveyed  the damage
"Alright. Starboard Engine is out, that means I'm out to."
He cuts power to the engine that is alite and deploys 6 chaff
"Making an emergency landing in the facility right now."
He tips the shikra into a steep dive in an attempt to quell the engine fire, and then level out early to compensate for the lost engine power.
i'm not going to bother to type all that up, you didn't roll a 100 so you evade the missile
Tower doesn't like the sound of an unplanned landing.
: State your emergency, Mjolnir.

The radar warning receiver lights up. Lorens sees he's being spiked, but he's not sure who sent the incoming fox.

"Dammit, that's another inbound fox! Snowman, defending!" The Falcon puts out two strings of chaff to trash the missiles and pulls into another evasive loop.
Viper base EV 68
Experience provides bonus of 2
RGM 1 provides penalty of 45
RGM 2 provides penalty of 45
Chaff provides bonus of 80
Test taken at 60
Roll: 38 - success
Test passed

You evade the RGMs, but your assailant is still out there.

Xiaomei makes her attack on the incoming VTOLs.
: Shockwave out!

The SWM drops from the Wyvern's internal bay and streaks towards the VTOLs.
Transport VTOL base EV 50
Experience provides bonus of 4
SWM provides penalty of 35
Flares provide bonus of 40
Test taken at 59
Roll: 18 - success
Test passed

Transport 8, the intended target, drops flares and dodges the missile. Though the projectile is not a direct hit, it airbursts behind and below the VTOL, and the resulting pressure wave sends all three reeling. 9 goes belly-up and starts dropping like a rock, 8 is nearly shaken to pieces, being closest to the epicenter, and 7 is left relatively well off, though any unsecured passengers have probably ended up in a heap on the floor of the troop bay. The pressure wave continues to expand, dissipating before it reaches your planes, but it does push the cloud cover away with the exception of one that just refuses to move.

Cualli stops to try to remember what she was saying earlier. "Oh. I was saying that maybe you'd take well to it." She pauses again. "It's a worthy purpose or whatever. And they're always bringing those planes back broken; they aren't gonna fix themselves."

She flops a dog's ear. "Obviously," she adds.
: I would not know where to begin maintaining a machine of this complexity.

Talko's ear spazzes. It's hard to flop the ears of dogs who's ears stand on end and don't flop well. The dogs are still transfixed to Cualli with the attention they are getting.
Jaakko waves to Eremit.
"Hello," he calls.
He responds with a lethargic wave.
: Hey.

"I'll find something you can do, don't worry." She flashes a brief smile at the robot. "But you wouldn't mind helping out?"

Faw turns around and takes his time to line up a shot on the disorientated Transporter-7 before blasting it with his flak cannon.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 12:24:24 PM by ZombiLoin »

Yui aims and fires the P3 at Transporter 5, keeping an eye on Walt's aircraft.

can i count the aim from last turn as half and this as half for the +20 bonus
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 03:01:23 AM by Gojira »

"My second engine is out and I've taken heavy damage, I need an open area to land in case it's a hard one. I'm not sure I can make it back to our base in this state very easily."

can i count the aim from last turn as half and this as half for the +20 bonus
last turn you moved to disengage, that nullifies the the aim action since aim sort of requires pointing your plane at them