Poll

period race

Author Topic: ABS FIESTA REDUX  (Read 1245396 times)

Bell looks for an outgoing GTO transport she can hitch a ride on while she's walking along the road, towards the airbase's vicinity.

king of 600
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 06:01:34 PM by Operator¹ »

advisor of 600

I look around to see if there are any roads nearby that I can reach safely.

Walt sees 3 dropping back and fires an RGM along with a shot of PPP

Jaakko drops two strings of flares and cloaks. He tries to pull up and away from the guard and the gunship.

"stuff!"
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 06:52:11 PM by Mr. Hurricane »

Gus opens up on 1-4 with his LCPs.

lageposs

Richard makes another spiraling ascent, watching the mirrors for any sign of the heatseekers. Counting down in his head for the moment the missiles reach terminal phase, he rolls out of his spiral and jinks down, performing an out-of-plane maneuver to dodge the missiles. "... Crash, Walt!," Richard yells out in-between grunts, "I'm going after the gunship!" He places the tail-end in his sights and pulls the trigger.

king of 600

advisor of 600

I lead a rebellion to overthrow the bourgeoisie. I instate Qwepir as president while stability is established. The new Republic of Page 600 shall elect a leader based on democratic vote once stability is achieved.

I lead a rebellion to overthrow the bourgeoisie. I instate Qwepir as president while stability is established. The new Republic of Page 600 shall elect a leader based on democratic vote once stability is achieved.

What about a managed democratic vote?

Air Music

Richard makes another spiraling ascent, watching the mirrors for any sign of the heatseekers. Counting down in his head for the moment the missiles reach terminal phase, he rolls out of his spiral and jinks down, performing an out-of-plane maneuver to dodge the missiles. "... Crash, Walt!," Richard yells out in-between grunts, "I'm going after the gunship!" He places the tail-end in his sights and pulls the trigger.
Talon base EV 85
No piloting bonuses or penalties
HSM 1 provides penalty of 25
HSM 2 provides penalty of 25
Test taken at EV 35
Roll: 97 - failure
Roll granted by Supermaneuverable: 37 - failure by less than one degree
Test failed.

You catch a missile.

Talon base EV 85
Test taken at 85
Sky Marshal's Gunship base EV 45
Bloodline of Champions provides bonus of 12
Test taken at EV 57
Talon rolls to pursue: 61 - success by 2 degrees
Roll granted by Supermaneuverable: 99 - failure
Sky Marshal rolls to evade: 44 - success by 1 degree
Roll granted by Divine Favor: 65 - failure

But you do get behind the Sky Marshal.

Walt sees 3 dropping back and fires an RGM along with a shot of PPP
The LAMS knocks out the three RGMs, and the plasma cannon misses the mark.

Jaakko drops two strings of flares and cloaks. He tries to pull up and away from the guard and the gunship.

"stuff!"
Fenrir base EV 91
AAM 1 provides penalty of 35
AAM 2 provides penalty of 35
AAM 3 provides penalty of 35
Flares provide bonus of 80
Test taken at EV 66
Roll: 75 - failure by less than one degree

One of the missiles hits you before you are done cloaking.

Gus opens up on 1-4 with his LCPs.
One pulse laser would have been survivable, but two firing in unison is plenty to knock the Sabre out of the sky.

Tlacelel slings an AAM each at Sabre and Walt.

Ground Music

Tippy advances into a charge and lobs a shell towards the enemy mech chortling hysterically over her open comms
"I will FEAST ON YOUR CARCASSES aha hahahah"
Tippy's Ballistic Skill 45
Long range provides penalty of 10
Single shot provides bonus of 10
Moving shot provides penalty of 10
Test taken at 35
Roll: 83 - failure
Missed

The shell whiffs entirely, and the Huits notice your approach. Some, but not all of the infantry start moving to better cover, while the walker deems you the newest threat and swivels around to engage you.

Firefly's Ballistic Skill 45
Long range provides penalty of 10
Rapid fire provides no bonuses or penalties
Stationary shot provides bonus of 10
Test taken at 45
Roll: 22 - success
Hit, left arm

You take a few solid hits to the arm with the missile pod.

Bell looks for an outgoing GTO transport she can hitch a ride on while she's walking along the road, towards the airbase's vicinity.
You are picked up by a transport leaving the base, the crew explain they're headed to a rendezvous point in Tocatlan.

I look around to see if there are any roads nearby that I can reach safely.
None.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 07:47:34 PM by Qwepir »

Jaakko does a canopy roll and dives on the opposite side of the gunship. He fires four AAMs down on to the Sky Marshal, and fires the UAC, aiming for the gunship's engine deck.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 07:53:56 PM by Mr. Hurricane »

let nozoner be reminded that reactor explosions would not be beneficial to anybody's health

let nozoner be reminded that reactor explosions would not be beneficial to anybody's health
oh stuff that is a very valid point

"Alright, ground forces, call targets and I'll hit them!" Gus dives on the walker shooting at Tippy and hits it with the coaxials.

Gus turns around and bolts towards the Sky Marshal, firing off both AAMs at Sabre 1-2.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 08:19:20 PM by CypherX »

Test taken at 35
Roll: 83 - success
something's not right here
I activate my rescue beacon and hope for the best.