Author Topic: J_M's RP  (Read 1048 times)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Hr0GoOiwJdJ0smRrUhMR3ZceLU3JDLBzn8-t1Jhzlo4/edit?usp=sharing
Feel free to use the doc in your own group, though it's still under testing and is being updated.
Also, read over it since it has all the rules and explains what this actually is.

I have a server up for those interested in giving it a try in Blockland, J_M's IRPG is the title.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 05:05:18 PM by J MASTER »

ok this is the opposite of improvised.

this is a full-on highly-intricate doorstopping manual of arms and the fact that i have to read paragraph on top of paragraph to enjoy dumb rp bullstuff is really turning me away from the aforementioned dumb rp bullstuff

Not exactly.

It's two pages, compared to the tens of pages it's based on (D&D).
If you read the first section, you should know that most of the improvisation comes from creating your own abilities.

If you can't handle that, and obviously from your sentiment towards the topic I can see that tabletop rpgs are just not for you.
Now saying this, I'll assume you haven't encountered a game of D&D in person so correct me if I'm wrong... but why would you bother assuming so much from a glance when you have no experience in the subject?

'dungeons and dragons improvised roleplaying' sounds less like 'make a character through a well-defined and weblike schemata' and more like roll to dodge

i'm intrigued by ridiculous roll to dodge adventures especially on blockland with markers and set pieces because i have the time right now to just stuff out a character and enjoy myself. on the other hand, i don't have time for an actual structured character-sheets rpg at the moment, and advertising one thing as another is counterproductive misdirection, so you should probably change the title so you dont attract the crowd you're not trying to attract

also jesus forget put your forgetin bubble pipe down holmes

Alright, what would you call it?

make up a name

use the name of the fictional universe or some important figure therein

avoid simple straightforward terms because that implies there's no lore or complexity barrier to entry